Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) conducts AIMS Test for Management Admission (ATMA) as a comprehensive single window test for admission in various Post-Graduate programs like MCA. ATMA contains 170 questions divided into six sections which are of Analytical Reasoning, Quantitative Skills and Verbal Skills. Each section is of 30 minutes durations totaling up to 3 hours. There are 4 options to choose for each answer and negative marking is there for incorrect answers. Each section has to be completed in a specified time limit. The candidate should not answer questions on any other section earlier or later than the allotted time.
ATMA – Question Pattern:
- Analytical Reasoning Skills requires logical thinking and no special knowledge on any subject is required. One needs to analyze the situation in a given passage. All questions are based on the passage or a set of conditions. You have to select best suitable answer.
- Quantitative Skills have multiple choice questions on problem solving and data sufficiency.
- Problem solving contains questions on arithmetic, elementary algebra and common geometric concepts. Figures maybe given to provide more information in solving particular question, but they may not be drawn to scale, so one has to solve problem by using mathematical knowledge and not by measurement.
- Verbal Skills measures a candidate’s ability to read and comprehend as well as to reason and evaluate arguments and correct written matter.
- There are multiple choice questions on reading comprehension, sentence correction, word meaning- antonyms, synonyms and analogues and sentence completion. In short it tests the student’s grammatical skills, vocabulary, understanding, familiarity with words and comprehension.
ATMA scores are a good indicator of a student’s eligibility for admission in post graduate courses and are conducted by professionals from the core sector. ATMA has been designed on a pattern similar to Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). The test is formatted to assess the aptitude of the candidate for education in higher management studies. The parent organization AIMS, which conducts ATMA, works in close collaboration with many management schools in the world. Hence, a good score in ATMA will always be beneficial for higher studies in management in different parts of the world.
ATMA online follows the principle of making the test available to candidates in as many cities as possible. It has adopted a simple process for applying, registering, making payments and selecting the centers. It also provides the scores to the management institutes to make the admission process simpler and efficient.
Vital points to remember:
Some useful tips for appearing in the test are to keep posted with the website of AIMS which conducts the test and look for information regarding date of test, centers listed and last date of receipt of the applications.
While appearing in the test one should make full use of one’s strength and attempt the easier questions first because there is negative marking.
Practice reading and mathematics tests. Prepare a time-table based on the real test time specifications. Lastly, one should make a check list of the items to be carried to the examination center and revise the finished papers before submitting.