High Court of Bombay is one of the oldest courts of the country having appellate jurisdiction over the state of Maharashtra. Along with its principle seats at Bombay (Mumbai), the High Court also has its separate benches at Nagpur, Aurangabad, and Panaji (Goa). This High Court also is a judicature for UTs of Dadra & Nagar Haveli, State of Goa and UT of Daman & Diu.
With the present opening for various positions, the Bombay High Court invites competent applications for various positions of Stenographer (LG), Junior Clerk and Peons at various courts under its judiciary.
The details of eligibility criteria are detailed as under:
Important Dates for Consideration:
- Date of Advertisement and Publication of notification: 07-July-2013
- Date for reckoning Eligibility Criteria: 08-July-2013
- Starting Date of Receipt of Online Application: 08-July-2013 from 8:00 AM
- Date of closing of acceptance of Online Application: 22-July-2013 till 5:30 PM
- Publication of shortlist for appearing selection examination: 29-July-2013
- Generation of Hall Tickets Online: 3-August to 10-August-2013
- Screening Test (For Jr. Clerks and peons Vacancies): 18-August-2013
- Declaration of Result of Screening Test: September 02, 2013
- Local language Typing Test/ Result for the post of Jr. Clerks: September 29, 2013
- Activeness and cleaning Test/ Result for the post of peons: October 06, 2013
- English Typing Test/ Result for the post of Jr. Clerks: October 12, 2013
- English, and Local Language Dictation Test/ Result for the post of Stenographers (LG): October 20, 2013
- English, and Local Language Typing Test/ Result for the post of Stenographers (LG): October 27, 2013
- Interview for Stenographer (LG), Junior Clerk and Peons posts: Within two weeks once all above selection process completed.
- Declaration of FINAL RESULT: Within a aweek after completion of Interview process.
Details of Job Positions: Total 4447 Posts
- Stenographer: 321 Posts
- Junior Clerk: 2888 Posts
- Peon: 1238 Posts
Reservation for SC, ST, OBC, PWD candidates will be applicable as per norms
- Stenographer: Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4300
- Junior Clerk: Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 with Grade Pay of Rs. 1900
- Peon: Rs.4440 – Rs.7440 with Grade Pay of Rs. 1300
The applicants should be within 18 – 33 years of age to be eligible to apply. However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit as per rules.
- Stenographer: The applicant must have passed minimum S.S.C. Board Examination. Preference will be given to Graduate and Law Graduates. The candidates must have Shorthand speed of 100 words per minute and minimum English typing speed of 40 words per minute and Marathi Typing with speed of 30 w.p.m. and Marathi Shorthand speed of 80 w.p.m. The candidate must possess Computer knowledge Certificate from an institution of repute.
- Junior Clerk: The applicant must have passed minimum S.S.C. Board Examination. Preference will be given to Graduate and Law Graduates. The candidates must have English typing speed of 40 words per minute and Marathi Typing with speed of 30 w.p.m. The candidate must possess Computer knowledge Certificate from an institution of repute.
- Peon: The applicant must have passed 7th Standard (minimum) to be eligible to apply
- Preliminary Selection on the basis of marks obtained in the educational standard
- Screening Test (as per the Bombay High Court through Written Examination)
- Interview/ Personality Test
- For the posts of Stenographers (LG), there will be no screening test
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
- All interested candidates can apply through Online Mode at the official website of the Bombay High Court.
- All Applications should be filled in completely as defined above.
- After filing of online application, candidates shall obtain online acknowledgment as well as printout of whole application. Later on, after publication of list of eligible shortlisted candidates on website, he shall personally tender that printout of application by duly affixing the same photograph which was uploaded earlier and putting signature in black ink in the places provided thereto, to the concerned District Court where he is shortlisted and shall obtain acknowledgment from that Court.
- The candidate should not send any original or attested copies of the documents/ certificates at the stage of submitting online application.
For more detail on this recruitment such as detail educational qualification, relaxation in age limit, reservations in vacancies, examination pattern, syllabus, and all other important information, please refer to official advertisement from Bombay High Court here http://bombayhighcourt.nic.in/recruitment/PDF/recruitbom20130708140030.pdf (English Advertisement) or http://bombayhighcourt.nic.in/recruitment/PDF/recruitbom20130708140000.pdf (Marathi Advertisement).