Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) is considered among the Fortune 500 companies and is a leading Navratna Public Sector Enterprise. This company is engaged in Refining, Marketing and Distribution of Petroleum products and also has expertise in exploration of Oil and Natural Gas.
With its recent notification, this company opens a promising opportunity for competent candidates for the positions of Craftsman Electrician in Grade-7 for its Mumbai Refinery.
The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
- Date of announcement of notification: 09-Aug-2014
- Last Date of receipt of application at BPCL: 25-Aug-2014 (15 Days from the date of publication of this advertisement)
Name of the Position:
- Craftsman Electrician (Grade-7): 08 Posts [Gen-03, ST-02, OBC-NCL-03]
Pay Scale & Remuneration:
- The candidates selected as Craftsman will receive a starting basic pay in the scale of Grade-7 at the rate of Rs.13800 – Rs.41000 per month. In addition, the selected candidates will receive DA and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation.
- The starting basic pay will be around Rs.13800 per month.
- The Cost-to-Company (CTC), will be around Rs.7 Lakhs per annum inclusive of all other allowances.
- Candidates should have completed Full time course of Diploma in Electrical Engineering with 1st Class (60% marks) for General and OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates.
- The minimum percentage of marks for SC, ST is 50% instead of 1st class.
- Candidates having Supervisor’s License will be offered preference.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering holders are not eligible for these posts.
- Candidates should have at least 3 years of Industrial experience in Refinery/ Process Industry/ Shop Floor of Manufacturing unit of repute.
- However, training or apprenticeship will not be considered as experience.
- A candidate must be within a maximum age of 30 years as on 01-Aug-2014
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category of candidates (SC/ST/PWD/OBC etc.)
- Desirous candidates seeking employment with Bharat Petroleum needs to be medically fit as per Bharat Petroleum’s Pre-Employment Medical Standards.
Mode of Selection:
- The candidates will be shortlisted for Personal Interview in after a preliminary Written Examination for the above disciplines.
- Only male candidates can apply for these posts
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection
- The final induction will be done after clearing the Pre-Employment Medical Test
How to Apply:
- Candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions will have to apply through an A4 size paper of Application (neatly typed) as detailed on the websites of BPCL at http://www.bpclcareers.in or at http://www.bpclcareers.in/Images/1504EmpNewsR2.pdf
- The candidates should practice caution for filling the application form with facts only.
- The candidates should attach their latest passport size photograph and put their running signature at the Application Form
- All necessary certificate (true copies) should be attached with the application form
- One copy of the application should be kept with the candidate for future reference.
- The envelope containing the application form should be super-scribed with “Application for: (……………………) Name of the post with Discipline”
- Address to send completed application form:
The Senior Manager (ER)
BPCL Mumbai Refinery, Mahul, Mumbai 400074