Explore An Enticing Opportunity To Join BSF Communication Set Up In September 2012
Established in the year 1965, Border Security Force (BSF) is the guardian of Indian border perimeter during the peace time, ensuring prevention of cross-border infiltration and transactional crimes. This special wing of paramilitary force is safeguarding the boundaries of the nation operating under the Union Ministry of Home Affairs under Government of India.
With a massive strength of 159 battalion of security personnel, BSF is having a core manpower of 222,000 dedicated jawans and officers responsible for various operations within the force. As one of the most important paramilitary forces deployed along with some of the most sensitive borders of India, a job with BSF is regarded as of the highest repute and honor.
With an intension to improve the ongoing excellence in service, the BSF invites applications from Indian male citizens to be a part of this privileged service from the scheduled categories of people from SC, ST and OBC candidates. The details of the procedure of application are as follows:
Vacancies as intimated:
- Assistant Sub Inspector (Radio Mechanic) – 100 Nos
- Head Constable (Radio Operator) – 959 Nos
The proposed pay scale for the various positions as invited as mentioned above will be as per the following:
- Assistant Sub Inspector (Radio Mechanic) – Rs. 5200-20200 + Grade Pay of Rs.2800 under PB-I
- Head Constable (Radio Operator) – Rs. 5200-20200 + Grade pay of Rs.2400 under PB-I
Apart from the basic pay scale the candidates selected for such positions will be eligible to get TA, HRA (in lieu of accommodation), Accommodation, Washing allowance, Free clothing, Rations, Special allowances, Contributory PF, and other facilities as per the prevailing rules and recommendations by the institution.
Final date for submission of Application Form:
For all candidates who are applying for the above positions, their application should reach the headquarters on or before: 27th of July 2012
As per the norms specified by the Government of India, there will be reservation of vacancies against special class of people.
- Out of 100 posts notified for ASI (Radio Mechanic), 16 posts will be reserved for SC, 14 for ST, 30 for OBCs. Out of the total under each category 10% will be reserved for Ex-SM, 5% for recruitment under compassionate grounds and 4.5% for the Minority Community.
- Similarly out of total 959 posts notified to be vacant for the appointment of Head Constable (Radio Operator), there will be 277 posts reserved for SC, 125 for ST, 326 for OBCs. Out of the total under each category, 10% will be reserved for Ex-SM, 5% for recruitment under compassionate grounds and 4.5% for the Minority Community.
- The total number of intimated vacancies may change as per the requirement of Border Security Force.
- The selected candidates joining the force are liable to be posted anywhere in the country and outside of the country as per the transfer policy of the force.
- The candidates serving the Govt/ BSF must submit a NOC/ Discharge certificate and Vigilance certificate and Bio-date from their respective appointing authority.
For both the vacancies there will be an application fee of Rs. 50 (Rupees Fifty only) for the general and OBC candidates. There will not be any application fee for the scheduled categories like SC and ST.
The application fee can be paid in form of Demand Draft or Indian Postal Order in favor of “The Inspector General or DIG or Commandant of the BSF unit (to whom the Application is addressed)” and the demand drafts should be payable at respective branch of State Bank of India/ Post Office.
The completed application along with the fees to be submitted to the concerned recruitment centers, as mentioned on the website of the BSF at www.bsf.nic.in.
All candidates/ aspirants have to undergo a compulsory Medical Fitness Test as prescribed by the BSF. The detailed criteria for Medical Fitness can be obtained at the website of the BSF at www.bsf.nic.in.
All those candidates claiming for relaxation for the defined Medical Standard has to submit their eligibility claim with the prescribed application format as available on the website.
Any educational qualification above the standard of matriculation is applicable for selection. The BSF will retain the discretion to select candidates as per its regulations for appointment of Asst Sub Inspectors and head Constables. For more details, log in to the website www.bsf.nic.in.
For Appointment under Compassionate ground:
This is applicable candidates who belong to the direct relation of a jawan or an Ex-BSF solder those have been diseased or invalidates by BSF. For applications under this category, the candidates have to obtain a special certificate from the respective BSF Unit/ Establishments. The formats of certificates have been circulated to all BSF units/ Establishments in this regard.
How to Apply:
- All aspirants have to apply through the specifically prescribed application form as available on the website of BSF/ with Employment News/ with Rozgar Samachar.
- The candidate must fill in all respective fields of information as required on the Application Form and the Admit Card.
- A passport size recent color photograph duly attested by a Gazetted Officer must be affixed with the application at the designated space provided
- With all required enclosure and the application fee Crossed Demand Draft/ IPO (only for Gen and OBC) may be sent to the following address by post at such a date that the detailed Application should reach the designated address on or before July 27, 2012.
- The envelope containing detailed application form and admit card should invariably be marked as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF HC (RO)/ ASI (RM)”.
- Address to send the completed and filled in application is mentioned on the webpage of BSF at www.bsf.nic.in.
- No TA/DA is admissible however the SC/ST candidates can claim to and fro fare 2nd class train fare as justified by the Government of India.
- Candidates have to make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging for 4-5 days of comprehensive selection procedure.
- The BSF will not be responsible for any form of Postal delay or delay in communication.
Written Examination (1st Phase): This will be of 200 marks and of 3 hours duration. The test will be conducted on OMR sheets and will be of multiple choice types. The subjects specific to the test are as follows:
- Part-I Test of Physics: 60 Marks
- Part-II Test of Mathematics: 60 marks
- Part-III test of Chemistry: 30 marks
- Part-IV- Test of General English and GK: 50 marks
- The minimum qualifying mark for both the positions will be 50% for General and Ex-Service persons and 40% for SC, ST and OBC candidates
- The candidates appearing the written test will be debarred to carry electronics equipments like calculator, wrist calculator, mobile phones, pagers etc.
- Any candidate found guilty of misconduct and practicing unfair means will be disqualified on the spot and will not be eligible for further recruitment process
- Re-evaluation is not permitted under any circumstances
The selection will be of multiple modalities and will incorporate:
Physical Efficiency (Endurance) Test (2nd Phase): As per the criteria as mentioned by the BSF. This will also include the Physical Standard Test including test of General Physique such as height, weight, chest measurements and vision. This will also include the dictation test, verification of documents and Personal Interview.
(Please refer to the website)
Medical Examination by BSF (3rd and Final Phase): This will be conducted by a designated Medical Team by the BSF at pre-intimated venue.
Provision for Re-Medical is allowed to candidates within 15 days of intimation of test results. However candidates have to apply for this with payment of Rs. 50 in favor of DDO, Frontier Head Quarter, BSF, New Delhi in shape of crossed Demand Draft or Indian Postal Order.
Check list for Applicants:
- Application form duly filled in and signed with attested photo affixed
- Certificate in support of Date of Birth
- Certificate in support of Academics
- Caste Certificate in prescribed format as required (for SC, ST, OBC categories)
- Domicile Certificate for support of Citizenship (only Indian Citizens residing in India and abroad)
- Discharge Certificate (for Ex-Service persons)
- Certificate in support of claiming relaxation in Medical standards
- Two nos of self addressed 25 cm X 12 cm envelope with Rs.27 postage stamp affixed on each
- NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the respective employer as required
- The envelope containing detailed application form and admit card should invariably be marked as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF HC (RO) / ASI (RM)”.
- For any further clarification and information the candidates can log on to the website of the BSF at www.bsf.nic.in
The decision of Director General/ Commandant/ Inspector General of the BSF will be final and binding on all applicants as per respective recruitment zones.