BSF Invites Recruitment 2013 For Specialists & General Duty Medical Officers On Pure Contract Norms
Border Security Force (BSF) is one of the most acclaimed Para-Military Forces under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India. Guarding the international borders along the controversial LOC (Pakistan Border) and the borders of Kuchh desert, China, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, this force has own many laurels for its bravery and gallantry nature. Working with such a force is considered to be of highest repute among the Indians today.
With the recent notification from the BSF, it intends to recruit Specialists in BSF Composite Hospitals, and General Duty Medical Officers in BSF Hospitals purely on Contractual recruitment norms.
The details of the vacancies are as follows:
Profile of the Job: Specialists Doctors and General Duty Medical Officers
Basis of recruitment: Purely Contractual in nature
Mode of recruitment: Walk-In Interview
Important dates of Walk-In:
The applicants can walk-in to the respective Medicals of BSF as per the details mentioned in the website of the BSF in between 11 -15 February 2013 for appearing the interview.
Period of Contract:
- 3 Years from the date of contract
- Till the candidates attains the age of 65 years
- Till a permanent replacement is available for the said position
- This contract is valid for the above conditions, whichever is earlier and will lapse upon fulfillment of any of the above conditions. The contract can be terminated by 30 days notice or remuneration in lieu of from either party.
- No extension can be allowed after the stipulated period of 3 years. However, any candidate desiring such an appointment can apply afresh for the positions
Numbers of vacancies:
- Specialists Doctors (Psychiatry, General Medicine, Radiology, General Surgery, Anesthesia, Pathology, OBS & Gynecology) : 22 Positions
- General Duty Medical Officers: 64 positions
- The details of the Medicals where this walk-in will happen can be obtained at the website of BSF at http://bsf.nic.in/doc/recruitment/r24.pdf
Essential Criteria for Eligibility:
The applicants must not have crossed the max age of 65 years as on the date of Walk-In
- Academics/ Professional Qualification:
The applicants must have a recognized medical qualification included in the first or Second Schedule or Part-II of the Third Schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
The applicant must have completed Post-Graduate Degree/ Diploma in the concerned specialty as per the Section-A or Section-B of Schedule-IV
Minimum 1.5 years of experience in case of PG Degree holders and 2.5 years of experience in case of PG Diploma holders is a compulsory requirement.
For General Duty Medical Officers:
The applicants must have a recognized medical qualification included in the first or Second Schedule or Part-II of the Third Schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. The applicant must have completed the compulsory rotating internship.
The candidates who will be selected for the positions of Specialists and GDMO will receive a consolidated remuneration in the range as mentioned below:
- Appointed in Class A cities: Rs.64009 only
- Appointed in Class B cities: Rs.60841 only
- Appointed in unclassified cities: Rs.57672 only
- Appointed in Class A cities: Rs.53025 only
- Appointed in Class B cities: Rs.50400 only
- Appointed in unclassified cities: Rs.47775 only
No other facilities and allowances will be applicable for the candidates.
The selection will be based on a merit performance in the Walk-in interview followed by clearance of mandatory Medical Tests.
The Medical Test will be conducted on the same date after the interview is over.
- The candidates can walk-in with their updated CV along with necessary academic credentials, and an Application in plain paper super-scribing the name of the positions applying for.
- They also take 5 recent passport size photographs along with their applications.
- The applicants can visit the website of BSF at http://bsf.nic.in or at http://bsf.nic.in/doc/recruitment/r24.pdf to know more about the recruitment procedures