BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) BSNL is quite synonymous with the telecommunication in India, which is the single largest government undertaken organization in this segment. As a the face of communication in India, BSNL has retained almost 71% of the comprehensive land-line subscribers in India. Spreading across the length and breadth of the nation, this vast network of communication is playing a vital role in uniting India with its consistent performance and this organization is the only one organization in India (both among government and private sectors) which has been working for bridging the gap between the Rural and Urban India through information and communication technology (ICT). Being a part of BSNL is considered as one of the most prestigious profiles of jobs, and aspirants from all age group and all education profiles are always in search of a job position with BSNL as and when they are advertised.
With its recent proposal for acquiring potential human resource for the Uttarakhand Telecomm Circle, BSNL intends to recruit 32 numbers of Telecom Technical Assistants (TTA) for its 6 different Secondary Switching Areas (SSAs).
Advt No: UKND/1-3/TTA Direct/2012
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
Mode of Application:
The applications are invited through prescribed application format only as available at the website of BSNL, Uttarakhand at http://22.214.171.124/webdocument/bsnl_recruitment_tta_uttarakhand.pdf
- Date of publication of advertisement: 22-April-2013
- Last date for submission of Completed Application: 13-May-2013 by 5:00 PM
- Last date for fee Payment: 13-May-2013
- Dates for Online Examination: 30-June-2013
Name of the Post: Telecom Technical Assistants (TTA) in Group-C cadre
Details of the Vacancies (SSA wise): Total 32 Positions
- Almora – 04 posts (SC-01, ST-01, UR-02)
- Dehradun – 18 Posts (SC-01, ST-01, OBC-03, UR-13)
- Hardwar – 1 post (ST)
- Nainital – 3 posts (OBC)
- New Tehri – 4 posts (OBC-01, UR-03)
- Srinagar (Garhwal) – 2 posts (ST-01, PWD-01)
Scale of Pay:
- The selected candidates will be eligible to receive Rs.13600-25420 in IDA Pattern along with other normal allowances as per rules.
- The applicants selected as TTA will required to serve BSNL in their respective SSA, where they will apply. The jobs are transferable on temporary and permanent basis to other parts of the country and defence service as per requirements.
- Academic Qualification:
The applicants must have completed a Three Years Engineering Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Radio Engineering/ Computer Engineering/ Instrumentation/ Instrument Technology/ Information Technology, OR M.Sc (Electronics). Apart from this no other qualification will be accepted as qualification.
- Age: The age of an applicant must be between 18 to 27 year of age as on last date of submission of application. However, there will be relaxation for SC, ST, OBC & PWD candidates as per rules.
- Registration in Employment Exchange: The applicants having Employment Exchange registration number from the concerned SSA will be preferred, but it is not mandatory.
- The total probation period will be for two years from the date of joining.
Service Bond and Training:
- The total candidates selected for joining will have to sign a Bond with BSNL to serve the BSNL for a minimum period of 2 years. The selected candidates will be subjected to training and after successful completion of training, they will be appointed as TTA in the concerned SSA
- The selection will be done through competitive Written Examination and Interview
- Minimum Qualifying marks in the paper will be 40% for the General category (OC) and 33% for the candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PWD categories
- Candidates will be further selected in order of merit
- The candidates will have to undergo a pre-recruitment medical test before final joining
- For SC/ PWD: Fees Exempted
- For all Others: Rs.500 (Rupees Five Hundred only)
- The fee can be paid in the shape of Crossed Indian Postal Order / Bank Draft drawn in the favour of Account Officer (Cash) O/o GMTD/ TDM of the SSA concerned and should be payable at the BSNL Headquartered city (for details please refer to http://126.96.36.199/webdocument/bsnl_recruitment_tta_uttarakhand.pdf for exact addresses)
- Fee remitted in other formats such as Money Order or Cheque will be rejected
How To Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the prescribed application form as available on the portal of BSNL, Uttarakhand Circle at http://188.8.131.52/webdocument/bsnl_recruitment_tta_uttarakhand.pdf
- After applying, the candidates have to attach the Application Form with all necessary credential documents and DD or Pay Order (fees) and send that through registered post/ speed post to the address mentioned at the complete advertisement on or before 13-May-2013
- The envelope containing the application form must be super-scribed as “Application for Direct Recruitment to the Cadre of Telecom Technical Assistant-2012”
- The application should be attached with two numbers of self-addressed envelope of 23 cm X11 cm size
- The candidates should apply form any one SSA only.