Chartered Accountantship deals with taxation, auditing, finance management and accounting. For any economic transactions maintaining books of accounts for the transparency in business transaction is an invariable matter. This is also helpful to keep watch on the input and output structures so as to calculate the net profit or loss. With the growing economy many sectors are expanding its operation so as to coordinate with the common national growth. Under such events jobs in accountancy and especially opportunities for Chartered Accountants have attained a new milestone. To become a Chartered Accountant the first thing required is to clear certain educational basics and study Chartered Accountancy as a specialization. In India, CA Exam allows an aspirant to get admission into a reputed college or university to fulfill a promising career in Chartered Accountancy.
Authority for CA examination:
In Indian economy, auditors are recruited based on their CA qualification by corporate as well as other organization dealing with the business and accounts. Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is a national institute which conducts chartered accountancy course as well as entrance exams. The entrance examination comprises of three stages namely Common Proficiency Test (CPT), Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) and Final Core CA program.
How can you apply:
Throughout the year students can register to join in CPT and IPCC. Examination for this course is conducted twice a year. To appear in the examinations organized by ICAI, students should enroll themselves at least 10 months before the exams. After completion of the second stage (IPCC), candidates are eligible to register for Auditor Clerical trainings. In addition to this one month of computer application program is compulsory requirement for being an auditor clerk. After successful completion of training, the candidate is considered eligible for appearing the final CA exam.
- Any person who has completed senior secondary education can register for the CPT. ICAI conducts entrance exams for admission and the medium of examination is in English.
- The duration of CPT (Common Professional Test) is of four hours, comprising of two tests of two hours each, and with an intermission between the two sessions.
- The test carries 200 marks having four subjects such as quantitative attitudes (50 marks), mercantile law (40 marks), general economics (50 marks) and fundamentals of accounting (60 marks).
- All the questions of this test are objective type with negative marking. Paper pencil mode and online mode of examination is conducted for the candidates from all over India.
- You can download the registration form from official website of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Subjects for exam preparation:
The candidates who are preparing for entrance exam of CA program should concentrate on topics like theoretical framework, accounting processes and related headings of commerce. In regard with Mercantile law, acts such as contract act, sale of goods act and partnership acts are given importance. To answer the questions of General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude, being updated with the current affairs is essential. Once you have finished all the three stages of CA professional program you will be approved as a professional Charted Accountant by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Growing economy of our country provides a great scope for lucrative career in Charted Accountancy in the financial sectors. Thereby you can lead a dynamic career with your competency as a Chartered Accountant.