Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is one of the vital Para-Military Forces under the Home Ministry. With the recent notification from the CISF, it intends to recruit 985 Constable/ Tradesman in the trades of Barber, Boot Maker, Cook, Carpenter, Electrician, Motor Pump Attendant, Painter, Sweeper, Washer Man & Water Carrier for the year 2014. This will be done through a specific categorization of general aspirants and from Ex-Servicemen including some of the backlog posts. Only Male Indian citizens are eligible to apply for these vacancies.
The details of the vacancies and recruitment norms are as follows:
- Closing date of receipt of Application Form: 16-Sept-2014
- Final date of receipt of Application from North-Eastern region: 23-Sept-2014
Position: Constable/ Tradesman (both Backlog and new vacancies)
No of vacancies: 985
- Barber: 132 Posts (UR-64, SC-28, ST-07, OBC-33)
- Boot Maker: 31 Posts (UR-21, SC-01, ST-01, OBC-08)
- Cook: 401 Posts (UR-187, SC-64, ST-37, OBC-115)
- Carpenter: 21 Posts (UR-15, SC-03, ST-01, OBC-02)
- Electrician: 02 Posts (UR)
- Motor Pump Attendant: 02 Posts (UR)
- Painter: 03 Posts (UR-02, OBC-01)
- Sweeper: 191 Posts (UR-86, SC-30, ST-15, OBC-60)
- Washer Man: 173 Posts (UR-84, SC-28, ST-12, OBC-49)
- Water Carrier: 29 Posts (UR-25, OBC-04)
Out of which:
- Eastern Sector: 197 Posts including 07 backlog
- Western Sector: 197 Posts including 08 backlog
- Nothern Sector: 197 Posts including 08 backlog
- Southern Sector: 197 Posts including 08 backlog
- North-Eastern Sector: 197 Posts including 07 backlog
Vacancies exclusive for Ex-Servicemen: 100 Posts
- Barber: 13 Posts with 02 backlog
- Boot Maker: 06 Posts with 03 backlog
- Cook: 37 new Posts
- Carpenter: 01 Post (New)
- Sweeper: 18 Posts (New)
- Washer Man: 22 Posts with 07 backlog
- Water Carrier: 03 Posts (New)
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- The candidate selected for these positions will receive a monthly remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 with a Grade Pay of Rs.2000 per month.
- Apart from this, they will be entitled to receive other perks and allowances as per the norms of CISF
- The candidates should have passed Matriculation from a recognized Board or equivalent for skilled trades (i.e. Barber, Boot Maker, Cook, Carpenter, Electrician, Motor Pump Attendant, Painter and Washer Man). Industrial Training Institute (ITI) trained personnel will be preferred for these posts.
- For Unskilled Trades (Sweeper/ Water Carrier) the candidates should have passed Matriculation from a recognized Board or equivalent
- The Ex-Servicemen should have passed Matriculation or equivalent examination.
- Educational certificate other than State Board/Central Board should be accompanied with Government of India notification declaring equivalency.
Age of the candidates:
- The candidates applying for the post of Constables should have attained minimum age of 18 years and should not have crossed maximum age of 23 years as on 01-August-2014.
- However, for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC and Ex-Servicemen there is relaxation in the upper age limit as per the service directives.
The candidates are required to have minimum physical standard to be eligible for consideration.
- Height: 170 cm (General/ BC/ OBC) / 165 cm or 162.5 cm (for privileged applicants)
- Chest measurement: 80 cm (unexpanded) and 85 cm (expanded) (the expansion difference must be minimum of 5 cm for all).
- Weight: Should be in proportion to height
- Eye Sight: Should be 6/6 or 6/9 with both eyes.
- Relaxation in this criteria will be applicable for privileged categories as per CISF norms.
Especially for Ex-Servicemen:
Break in Service: The applicant must not have more than 3 years of break from his last posting as on 01-Aug-2014
Medical Standard: A (Aye) in Shape-I
- For General UR and OBC candidates: Rs.50
- For SC/ ST/ Ex-SM candidates: Fees Exempted
The selection will be conducted in the following manner:
- Verification of documents
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Written Examination & Trade Test
- Medical Examination
- Final Merit List
How to Apply:
- An applicant can apply through the prescribed application form as available at the CISF website at http://www.cisf.gov.in or at http://www.cisfrecruitment.org .
- The applicants need to ensure that they fulfill required eligibility criteria before applying for these positions
- The application form accompanied with requisite certificates and application fee (in shape of Indian Postal Order) must reach the concerned office as defined in the detail advertisement on or before the scheduled last date for receipt of application (16-Sept-2014).
- The envelope containing above documents should be super scribed “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CONSTABLE/TRADESMAN IN CISF – 2014” in bold and Capital letters
- The details of the addresses for sending completed application can be obtained from the website at http://www.cisf.gov.in or at http://www.cisfrecruitment.org .