Incorporated in the year 1972, Cochin Shipyard is as a fully owned Government of India company and has been conferred Miniratna status. In the last 30 years of its operation, the company has emerged as a forerunner in the Indian Shipbuilding & Ship-repair industry. This yard has been functioning with a capacity to build and repair the largest vessels in India. This shipyard has delivered two of India’s largest double hull Aframax tankers each of 95,000 DWT. It has also received many shipbuilding orders from international companies from Europe & Middle East and is nominated to build the country’s first indigenous Air Defense Ship.
With the present requirement for induction of various Supervisory & Workmen cadres, the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) invites competent applicants to apply through Online Mode as available at the website of Cochin Shipyard.
The details of the vacancies and criteria vital are detailed as under:
Most important Dates:
- Date of advertisement: 29-Jan-2014
- Starting date of Submission of Online Application: 07-Feb-2014
- Last date for Submission of Online Application: 22-Feb-2014
- Last date for receipt of hardcopy of Online Application along with fee payment DD and other documents: 28-Feb-2014
- Date for reckoning age, qualification and experience: 31-Jan-2014
Details of vacancies:
(A) Supervisory Posts:
A1. Accountants – PS-I (Supervisor Grade): 04 Posts (SC-01, OBC-01, UR-02)
A2. Assistant Engineer (Painting) – PS-I (Supervisor Grade): 02 Posts (OBC-01, UR-01)
(B) Workmen Posts:
B1. Technical Assistant-Mechanical (W10 Grade): 06 Posts (ST-01, OBC-01, UR-04)
B2. Laboratory Assistant (W7 Grade): 01 Post (UR)
B3. Junior Technical Assistant (W7 Grade): 15 Posts (ST-01, SC-02, OBC-03, UR-09) out of which ((Mechanical-8, Electrical-3, Civil-2, Electronics-1, Instrumentation-1)
B4. Junior Commercial Assistant (W7 Grade): 15 Posts (ST-01, SC-01, OBC-03, UR-10)
B5. Store Keeper (W7 Grade): 04 Posts (SC-01, OBC-01, UR-02)
B6. Instrument Mechanic (W6 Grade): 02 Posts (SC-01, UR-01)
B7. Welder-cum-Fitter (W6 Grade): 101 Posts (ST-03, SC-13, OBC-23, UR-62)
B8. Fitter (Electrical) (W6 Grade): 30 Posts (ST-01, SC-02, OBC-07, UR-20)
B9. Fitter (Electronics) (W6 Grade): 02 Posts (UR)
B10. Fitter (Painter) (W6 Grade): 02 Posts (ST-01, UR-01)
B11. Shipwright Wood (W6 Grade): 02 Posts (ST-01, UR-01)
B12. Machinist (W6 Grade): 07 Posts (ST-01, SC-01, OBC-01, UR-04)
B13. Crane Operator (Electrical) (W6 Grade): 10 Posts (SC-01, OBC-02, UR-07)
B14. Crane Operator (Diesel) (W6 Grade): 02 Posts (SC-01, UR-01 exclusively for Ex-Servicemen)
B15. Serang (W6 Grade): 01 Post (UR)
B16. Fireman (W5 Grade): 06 Posts (SC-01, OBC-01, UR-04)
B17. Semi Skilled Rigger (W5 Grade): 10 Posts (SC-01, OBC-02, UR-07)
B18. General Worker (Canteen) (W1 Grade): 06 Posts (ST-01, SC-01, OBC-01, UR-03)
Pay scale and Remunerations:
- The candidates selected for these Posts will be allowed IDA pattern of scale of pay in the following order:
- PS-I: Rs.11200 – Rs.29500
- W10: Rs.10200 – Rs.27400
- W7: Rs.9300 – Rs.22200
- W6: Rs.8900 – Rs.18500
- W5: Rs.8400 – Rs.16200
- W1: Rs.6600 – Rs.13200
- Other allowances and facilities will be applicable as per rules.
- For Sl. No. A1, A2 & B1, B16, B17: The Age of the candidates should not exceed 40 years as on 31-Jan-2014.
- For all other posts: The Age of the candidates should not exceed 35 years as on 31-Jan-2014.
- However the upper age is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for PWD candidates and similarly for Ex-Sm candidates as per rules.
- A1: The applicant must be a Graduate with M.Com and must have 7 years experience in Finance/Accounting.
- A2: The applicant must have a Degree in Chemistry or Three year Diploma in any branch of Engineering with minimum of 60% of marks and possessing NACE or FROSIO level-I Inspector qualification. Must have 7 years experience in painting preferably in a Shipyard/Naval Dockyard or Heavy Engineering Company.
- B1: The applicant must have passed 3 year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with at least 60% marks and with at least 7 years of experience.
- B2: The applicant must have passed B.Sc in Physics or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Diploma in Metallurgy with at least 4 years of experience in Mechanical testing lab.
- B3: The applicant must have passed 3 year Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical/Civil/ Electronics/ Instrumentation Engineering with at least 60% marks and with at least 4 years of experience.
- B4: The applicant must have passed 3 year Diploma in Commercial Practice/ Computer Science/ Information Technology with at least 60% marks and with at least 4 years of experience.
- B5: The applicant must have passed 3 year Diploma in Post Graduate Diploma in Materials Management or Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical) and with at least 4 years of experience.
- B6, B7, B8, B9, B10, B11, B12, B13, & B14: The applicant must have passed SSLC along with ITI (National Trade Certificate) Or, All India National Trade Test (National Apprenticeship Certificate) in concerned trades. These candidates should have at least 5 years of post qualification experience.
- B15: The applicant must have passed VII Std. with a Serang Certificate issued by the Mercantile Marine Department. Experience not less than 2 years as Serang of a Motor Boat to carry 20 or more passengers.
- B16: The applicant must have passed SSLC along with Training in Fire Fighting from a State Fire Force or Public Sector Undertaking or Armed Forces with at least 5 years of experience.
- B17: The applicant must have passed VII Std, and should have good knowledge of splicing works of wire ropes. Should have 5 years of experience as a Rigger.
- B18: The applicant must have passed VII Std with 1 year Certificate Course in Food Production/ Food and Beverages Service, and should have at least 5 years of experience. Knowledge in Malayalam is desirable.
- SC, ST and PWD: No Application Fee is required (fees exempted)
- For all others: Rs.200
- The fees should be paid through a Demand Draft drawn on any nationalized bank in favor of Cochin Shipyard Ltd., and payable at Kochi
- The selection will be done on the basis of a Written Test, Practical Test, Trade Test and an Interview (as applicable) at the Cochin Shipyards Limited or as desired by CSL.
How to Apply:
- The interested candidates can apply ONLINE only as available at the website of Cochin Shipyard Limited at www.cochinshipyard.com
- The applicants should ensure that they understand the vital requirements of the positions as detailed at http://cochinshipyard.com/careers/vacancies%20workmen%20JAN%202014%20a.pdf before applying online.
- The candidates should choose the correct post and fill the right information.
- After completion of filling of Application, the applicants need to make two copies of the Application and send the one copy along with other essential documents and Demand Draft to the following address so as to reach on or before the last date specified (28-Feb-2014)
- The envelope containing application form should be super-scribed as “Application for the post of ……………………(Post name) & Registration No. ……………..“.
- Address to send the completed application:
The General Manager (Human Resource)
Cochin Shipyard Limited
Kochi – 682 015, Kerala