CSIR UGC NET Exam December 2015 Notification, Important Dates, Application Form, Syllabus, Previous Question Papers and Answer Keys, Admit Card, Result 2015-16
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), A Human Resource Development Group Examination Unit, Notifies Joint CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) December, 2015 for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) And Eligibility for Lectureship.
The CSIR and UGC jointly hold the CSIR-UGC Test on 20-December-2015 for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science, as mentioned below;
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
The award of Junior Research Fellowship (NET) to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding admission/ placement in a university/ national laboratory/ institution of higher learning and research, as applicable.Fellowship to successful candidates will be effective from 10-July-2016 with the validity period of 2 years for joining the fellowship under CSIR Scheme. Date of Single MCQ Examination: 20-December-2015
Schedule for On-Line Application
Opening Date for On-Line Submission of Application Form and Fee Deposit through Bank Challan: 03-August-2015
Date of close of Deposit of Fee at All stations: 24-August-2015
Date of close of On-Line Submission of Applications at All stations: 25-August-2015
Last Date of Receipt of duly completed Hard copy of On-line Application in the Examination Unit: 03-September-2015
Last Date of Receipt of duly completed Hard copy of On-line Application in the Examination Unit (from Remote Areas): 10-September-2015
Last Date for Receipt of Written request for change of Examination Centre only on Merit Basis: 05-October-2015
Tentative Date of Publication of List of Candidates Registered for Test on CSIR, HRDG Website: 05-November-2015
Last Date for Accepting of Representation about Non-registration for Test: 13-November-2015
Issue of e-Admission Certificate to Registered Candidates: Mid December, 2015
Tentative date for Declaration of Results: During March/ April, 2016
Age Limit & Relaxation:
- For JRF (NET): Maximum 28 years as on July 01, 2015 (upper age limit may be relaxed as per norms)
- For Lectureship (NET): No upper age limit
- 4 years education program in BE/ B.Tech/ B.Pharma/ MBBS/ Integrated BS-MS/ M.Sc or Equivalent degree with at least 55% marks for General & OBC (50% for SC/ ST/ PWD).
- Candidate enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination are also eligible to apply under the Result Awaited (RA) category (On the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period to avail the fellowship).
- B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in integrated MS-Ph.D program with at least 55% marks for General and OBC (50% for SC/ ST/ PWD).
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or any other discipline, will be eligible for fellowship only after getting registered/ enrolled for Ph.D/ integrated Ph.D program within the validity period.
- Ph.D degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991 with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
Note: The candidates with the above qualification are advised to fill up their degree with percentage of marks in specified columns as required.
Application/ Examination Fees: HOW TO APPLY
- for General Category Candidates: Rs. 1000/-
- for Other Backward Classes(OBC)-Non Creamy Layer Candidates: Rs. 500/-
- for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH) Candidates: Rs. 250/-
THROUGH ONLINE APPLICATION:
Interested & eligible candidates may apply for this test Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website: www.csirhrdg.res.in. In order to apply Online the candidates are required to download Bank challan Performa from the above website and then deposit the requisite examination fee (as mentioned above) in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country.
Candidates after successfully submitting application online are required to take print out of the Application Form, paste his/her recent black & white photograph, put his/her signature at the required space, attach requisite certificates and send alongwith CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in an envelope.
Where To Send The Completed Application Form:
The application form duly completed with requisite enclosures and fixing requisite postage stamp on the mailing envelope should be sent to:
The Deputy Secretary (Exam), Human Resource Development Group, Examination Unit, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012
The application should only be send Under Certificate of Posting (U.P.C.)/ ordinary post so as to reach this Unit on or before 03-September-2015 (10-September-2015 for remote areas as declared in the bulletin).
Admission Certificate: CSIR UGC NET December 2015
List of candidates registered for this test will be made available on our website tentatively on 05-November-2015. No paper Admission Certificate will be sent by post. Candidate must download the Admission Certificate from CSIR, HRDG website. The Admission Certificates for the Test indicating the time schedule and venue of Test will be issued to all the candidates about 3 weeks before the date of Test.
- The candidates are advised to read through the complete application bulletin and then fill up the application form. Candidates must note that the verification of essential eligibility conditions with reference to the documents as may be called for, will be taken up only by the Lecturer appointing/ JRF awarding authorities after the candidate has qualified in the Test. Accordingly, till then your candidature will remain provisional. In all matters the decision of the CSIR shall be final for admission to the test or subsequent qualifying in the test. Candidates are advised to follow the exact notification from CSIR at their website at www.csirhrdg.res.in/notification_main_dec2015.pdf to cross verify the authenticity of this information.
- Joint CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) December, 2015 for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) And Eligibility for Lectureship, will be held at Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guntur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Karaikudi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune, Raipur, Roorkee, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, and Varanasi.
Some Crucial Points to Know: CSIR UGC NET
A) A candidate may apply either for ‘JRF + Lectureship’ or for ‘Lectureship (LS) only’ He/she may indicate his/her preference in the O.M.R Application Form/Online Application, as the case may be. CSIR may consider candidates applying for ‘JRF + LS’ or ‘Lectureship only” depending on number of fellowships available & performance in the test subject to the condition that they fulfill the laid down eligibility criterion . If a candidate is found to be over-age for JRF (NET) he/she will automatically be considered for Lectureship (NET) only.
B) Two separate merit lists, one comprising the candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF – NET) and the second, of those candidates qualifying the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET), will be made on the basis of their performance in the above Test. Candidates qualifying for JRF (NET), will also be eligible for Lectureship (NET) subject to fulfilling the eligible criteria laid down by UGC. The candidates qualifying for Lectureship will be eligible for recruitment as Lecturers as well as for JRF-ship in a Scheme/Project, if otherwise suitable. However, they will not be eligible for Regular JRFNET Fellowship. They will be eligible to pursue Ph.D. programme with or without any fellowship other than JRF-NET. Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF (NET) will receive fellowship either from CSIR or UGC as per their assignment or from the Schemes with which they may find association. The candidates declared eligible for Junior Research Fellowship under UGC scheme will be governed by UGC rules/regulations in this regard.
C) The final result of this Single MCQ test may be declared sometime in the month of March/ April, 2016 and fellowship to successful candidates could be awarded from April 01, 2016.
Practice Makes a Man Perfect… Truly said…
What are you waiting for, start preparing for upcoming CSIR UGC NET December 2015 from right here.
Best of Luck!