Goa Police Force is one of the most organized security forces of the state and is being operated under the state banner. This is the most important force of the state operating under the Home Department and ensuring stability in the state as far as crime and trafficking is concerned.
With the recent announcement, from Goa Police it is inviting candidates for induction of 06 numbers of Stenographers and 05 numbers of Lower Division Clerks in the state Police. Both male & female candidates are eligible to apply for these posts.
The details of the recruitment procedure and essential eligibility are as follows:
- Last Date for receipt of Application in prescribed format: 27-Aug-2014
- Date for determining the eligibility conditions: 27-Aug-2014
Name of the Posts & Number of Vacancies:
- Stenographer: Total 06 Posts (UR-03, ST-01, OBC-01, CFF-01)
- Lower Division Clerks: Total 05 Posts (UR-02, PWD-01, ST-01, OBC-01)
- Applicants, who are domiciles any state of India are eligible to participate in the selection procedure. But the reservation will be granted to the candidates from Goa only.
- Stenographer: The applicants gets selected as Stenographers will be receiving a monthly remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200-Rs.20200 with a grade Pay of Rs.2400 in PB-I along with other allowances and perks.
- Lower Division Clerks: The applicants gets selected as Constables will be receiving a monthly remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200-Rs.20200 with a grade Pay of Rs.1900 in PB-I along with other allowances and perks.
- Stenographer: The candidates must have passed Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination or its equivalent from a Board or university recognized by the Central or State Government. He/ She must be a computer literate. He/ She must have a shorthand speed of 100 words per minute in English and a typing speed of 35 words per minute. Knowledge of Konkani is essential for these posts.
- Lower Division Clerks: The candidates must have passed Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination or its equivalent from a Board or university recognized by the Central or State Government. He/ She must be a computer literate. Knowledge of Konkani is essential for these posts.
- Knowledge of Konkani is mandatory and knowledge of Marathi is desirable for these posts.
- A candidate must not have exceeded the maximum age limit of 40 years as on 27-Aug-2014 to be eligible for this consideration.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC, ST, OBC & Ex-servicemen in accordance with the Punjab Police rules.
Availability of Application Forms:
- The Application Forms are available at Goa Police Welfare Cell, Administrative Block, GRP Camp, Altinho, Panaji, Goa which can be collected between 09:00 hrs. to 17.30hrs.
- The cost of Application form for Stenographer Posts: Rs.50
- The cost of Application form for Lower Division Clerk Posts: Rs.20
- No other fee will be charged from the candidates.
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done abiding the following procedure:
- Written Examination
- Technical efficiency test (Typing and Shorthand Test for Stenographers)
- Personal Interview/ Viva-Voice
- Final Medical Examination
How to Apply:
- The applicants should apply through the prescribed format of Application only as available at the address mentioned above (Goa Police Welfare Cell, Administrative Block, GRP Camp, Altinho, Panaji, Goa).
- The candidates are advised to go through the detailed application form as available a the website of Goa Police at http://goapolice.gov.in/Notice_Stenographer_&_LDC.pdf
- The candidates should ensure that they apply with complete details with proper facts and information
- The candidates should make sure to put their running signature and paste recent photograph at the appropriate space on the Application Form
- Any form of canvassing will be subject to disqualification.
- The application form completed in all respect must reach the address mentioned below on or before the last date specified (27-Aug-2014) by Post/ by Hand:
- Address to send completed application form:
Office of the Superintendent of Police
Police Head Quarters