The Heavy vehicle factory is situated in Avadi, located on the outskirts of Chennai, Indian Ordnance Factories, Government of India, Ministry of Defence, invites applications from eligible candidates for 399 posts in semi-skilled grade.
Date of Commencement of Registration: October 14, 2014
Date of Closure of Registration: November 03, 2014
Name of Posts along with corresponding Vacancies:
- Machinist: 244 Vacancies [Unreserved- 112, OBC- 64, SC- 45, ST- 03; 07 posts are reserved for PH candidates, and 22 posts are reserved for EX-SM candidates.]
- Fitter: 64 Vacancies [Unreserved- 29, OBC- 21, SC- 13, ST- 01; 02 posts are reserved for PH candidates, and 06 posts are reserved for EX-SM candidates.]
- Fitter-AFV: 20 Vacancies [Unreserved- 12, OBC- 05, SC- 03; 02 posts are reserved for EX-SM candidates.]
- Welder: 49 Vacancies [Unreserved- 23, OBC- 17, SC- 09; 02 posts are reserved for PH candidates, and 05 posts are reserved for EX-SM candidates.]
- Electrician: 19 Vacancies [Unreserved- 09, OBC- 04, SC- 06; 01 post are reserved for PH candidates, and 02 posts are reserved for EX-SM candidates.]
- Fitter Electronics: 6 Vacancies [Unreserved- 03, OBC- 03]
- Examiner- Fitter: 6 Vacancies [Unreserved- 03, OBC- 02, SC- 01]
- Examiner- Machinist: 5 Vacancies [Unreserved- 03, OBC- 02]
- Examiner- Electrician: 3 Vacancies [Unreserved- 01, OBC- 01, SC- 01]
- Examiner – Fitter Electronics: 2 Vacancies [Unreserved- 01, SC- 01]
- Examiner – Welder: 1 Vacancies [Unreserved- 01]
Note: Two posts are reserved for EX-SM candidates from examiner – Fitter/ Machinist/ Electrician/ Fitter Electronics vacancies.
Age Limit: Minimum 18 years and Maximum 32 years as on November 03, 2014. There is relaxation in age limit as per norms.
Candidates must have passed matriculation examination, and have National Apprenticeship Certificate/ National Trade Certificate in relevant trade, issued by National Council of Trades for Vocational Training.
Pay Scale: Rs. 5, 200-20, 200/- and Grade Pay of Rs. 1, 800/-
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
Candidates are suggested to apply online only through the official webpage. Applicants are advised to read the official advertisement carefully before proceeding to apply online.