Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd, is a mega integrated Oil refining and marketing company having 384th position in the prestigious list of Fortune Global 500 Companies. This company has bagged many prestigious awards like “Forecourt Retailer of the Year” and “Golden Peacock HR Excellence Award” as well as the “CIO 100” Award by IDG, for the sixth consecutive year for innovation use of IT to deliver value. A career option with HPCL is truly magnanimous.
HPCL invites adequately qualified and aspiring candidates to join its team of world-class professionals in continuation with its dedicated endeavor for excellence in Service and deliverance. The profiles will be Graduate Engineers in various specialties and will be selected through GATE-2018.
Posts to be Filled Up: Graduate Engineers | Officer (Engineer) ONLY through GATE-2018
Opening Date of Online Registration at HPCL: 12-January-2018
Last Date for Online Registration at HPCL: 12-February-2018
Disciplines of Vacancies:
- Mechanical Engineering (corresponding GATE-2018 Paper: ME) (only for the candidates who have completed fulltime Degree in Mechanical, Mechanical & Production Engineering)
- Civil Engineering (corresponding GATE-2018 Paper: CE) (only for the candidates who have completed fulltime Degree in Civil Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering (corresponding GATE-2018 Paper: EE) (only for the candidates who have completed fulltime Degree in Electrical, Electrical & Electronics Engineering)
- Electronics and Telecomm Engineering (corresponding GATE-2018 Paper: EC) (only for the candidates who have completed fulltime Degree in Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering)
- Instrumentation Engineering (corresponding GATE-2018 Paper: IN) (only for the candidates who have completed fulltime Degree in Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Control, Electronics & Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Electronics Engineering)
- Chemical Engineering (corresponding GATE-2018 Paper: CH) (only for the candidates who have completed fulltime Degree in Chemical, Petrochemical, Petroleum Refining & Petrochemical, Petroleum Refining Engineering)
- Reservation is provided as per the rules of HPCL for SC, ST, OBC-NCL and PWD candidates.
Mode of Application: Online only
Number of vacancies: Will be notified separately
Vital Eligibility Condition (GATE-2018): The candidates eligible otherwise will have to appear for the concerned GATE-2018 papers. The GATE-2018 score will be the only valid criteria for short-listing of candidates for personal Interview and GD rounds.
Essential Qualification: The candidates must have completed Full Time course and mush have been awarded a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology in the above mentioned disciplines with minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. This is 50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August 2018.
Max Age Limit: A candidate should not exceed max age of 25 Years as on 30-June-2018 to be eligible to apply. However, relaxation in the upper age limit will be applicable for the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD categories.
Selection Process: The selection process will include short-listing of candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the eligible candidates in the concerned papers of GATE 2018, followed by Group Discussion/Group Task and /or Personal Interview.
Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection. Candidates obtaining a valid GATE-2018 score shall only be eligible for the next stage of selection.
Training Period: The candidates selected for the job positions will have to complete a training of six months from their date of Joining. After successful completion of Training these candidates will be posted with a Permanent scale of Pay under probation for another period of six months at HPCL. After successful completion of Training and Probation these candidates will be confirmed for selection at Management Cadre Grade-A with the Company.
Pay Scale: The candidates selected for these posts will be placed in a scale of basis salary Rs. 60000/- to Rs. 180, 000/-. CTC upon Confirmation for the Position: Rs. 16.69 lakhs per annum
Application Processing Fees:
For General and OBC-NCL candidates: Rs. 236/- for Debit Card, Rs. 271/- for Credit Card/ Bank Voucher
For SC/ ST/ PWD: Fees exempted
The candidates can remit these fees through Online Mode/ NEFT or through Cash challan at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) in HPCL Powerjyoti A/C Number 32315049001 across the country.
How to Apply: Apply Online Here Interested eligible candidates should apply ONLINE only through the website of HPCL at www.hpclcareers.com or through www.hindustanpetroleum.com
Any other mode of submission of application would not be accepted.
The candidates should have their GATE-2018 registration information in hand before applying for these posts. The application Form should be completed in all respect. Candidates will be required to retain their GATE-2018 Admit card and Original GATE-2018 Score card for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in HPCL. Candidates are “NOT” required to submit hard copy of application form to HPCL. One must refer to official advertisement here, HPCL Officer Engineer Recruitment 2018 Through GATE 2018