National Seeds Corporation (NSC) is a Schedule ‘B’-Miniratna Category-I company wholly owned by Government of India under the administrative control of Ministry of Agriculture. NSC was established in 1963 to undertake production of foundation and certified seeds. At present, it is undertaking production of certified seeds of nearly 600 varieties of 60 crops through its registered seed growers. There are about 8000 registered seed growers all over the country who are undertaking the seed production programs in different agro-climatic conditions. The turnover of the Corporation for the F.Y. 2012-13 was Rs.691.34 crores.
With the recent initiative from the NSC, a combined recruitment notification has been published for contractual engagement of Engagement of Advisors (Consultants)/ Program Manager/ Technical Assistants under National Food Security Mission (NFSM). The recruitment will be conducted through a merit basis selection modality.
The details of the application criteria and the minimum eligibility conditions are detailed as under:
- Date of Notification: 12-Dec-2013
- Last date for Submission of Completed Application: 06-Jan-2014
Cadre of Recruitment & Number of vacancies:
- Advisors (Consultants) (in the fields of Agronomy/ Agriculture Extension/ Soil Science/ Plant Breeding/ Crop Improvement/ Plant Protection/ Farm Machinery under NFSM): 06 Positions
- Program Manager: 01 Position
- Technical Assistants: 13 Positions
Period of Engagement:
- The engagement for these posts will be purely contractual in nature and will be for a period of 1 year at the beginning. This may extend to another 2 years as per the requirement and convenience of the NFSM under NSC Limited.
Pay Provisions and Remunerations:
- Advisors (Consultants): The applicants selected for these posts will be paid a consolidated honorarium of Rs.70000 per month
- Program Manager: The applicants selected for these posts will be paid a consolidated honorarium of Rs.70000 per month
- Technical Assistants: The applicants selected for these posts will be paid a consolidated honorarium of Rs.30000 per month
- Other allowances and perks may be allowed to these Positions as per the NFSM regulations.
Vital Academic And Experiences:
The academic requirements for various positions are varied as per the nature of the job. They are:
- Advisors (Consultants): The applicants should have Doctorate degree in Agronomy/ Agriculture Extension/ Soil Science/ Plant Breeding/ Crop Improvement/ Plant Protection OR M. Tech in Agriculture Engineering with minimum 15 years of field experience in Crop Production/ Crop Improvement/ Natural Resource Management/ Mechanization OR 5 years experience in the rank of Additional Commissioner in Government of India. The person should have the proven ability to motivate and lead the team to achieve the objective of the program. Proficiency in computers like MS-Word, excel, power point, internet etc. is required for these posts.
- Program Manager: The applicants should have Graduate/ Masters Degree in any field of Science/ Arts/ Commerce. The applicant must have At least 10 years experience of working in Administration and Finance of which at least 5 years in rank of Deputy Secretary and above. Proficiency in computers like MS-Word, excel, power point, internet etc. is required for these posts.
- Technical Assistants: The applicants must have Master degree in Agronomy/ Soil Science/ Agriculture Extension/ Plant Breeding or any field of Agriculture or related fields. Persons having experience of research, extensions and crop development will be given preference. These applicants must have excellent working knowledge of computers.
- Advisors (Consultants): The applicants should not have crossed 70 years of age as on the date of interview.
- Program Manager: The applicants should not have crossed 70 years of age as on the date of interview.
- Technical Assistants: No such maximum age is defined.
- The selection of candidates will be done through a Personal Interview as per the discretion of the NSC Limited.
How to Apply: Download Application Format Here
- The details about educational qualification, experience and other criterion for the position and format for sending application are available at www.indiaseeds.com & at www.nfsm.gov.in .
- The candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions and who are interested to apply can do so through the prescribed format of application or through their own Bio-Data and send that along with other essential documents.
- The Application should reach the address mentioned below so as to reach before the last date for receipt of application (i.e. 06-Jan-2013)
- The applications should be forwarded by Post or by Hand.
- Address to send completed application form:
The Manager (Human Resources)
National Seeds Corporation Limited
Beej Bhavan, Pusa Complex, New Delhi-1100121
One may refer to official advertisement here www.indiaseeds.com/career/Detail_Advt_NFSM_2013.pdf