Indian Air Force Recruitment 2017 for Male and Female Candidates in Meteorology Branch, Course Commencement Jan 2018- With the recent initiative Indian Air Force invites enterprising and adventurous male and female personnel for grant of Permanent Commission (PC) / Short Service Commission (SSC) in Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branch.
Course Commencement Period: January, 2018
Ground Duty (Non-technical)
Batch No. 202/18G/PC/M (Permanent Commission for men candidate)
Batch No. 202/18G/SSC/M (Short Service Commission for men candidate)
Batch No. 202/18G/SSC/W (Short Service Commission for women candidate)
Branch of Commission: Meteorology Branch
Important Dates for applying for various courses:
Starting Date for Online Registration: 21-January-2017
Last Date for Online Registration: 17-February-2017
Training: The training for all the courses will commence from the first week of January 2018. For the Ground Duty Officers in Meteorological Branch the training will be of 52 weeks duration. Training is a mandatory part of the courses and has to be successfully completed in order to receive the Commission. The training will be conducted exclusively at the Air Force Training Establishments.
Norms of Eligibility:
a) Age Limit: The candidate must be within 20-26 years of age as on 01-January-2018, Candidates must have Born between 02 Jan 92 to 01 Jan 98 (both dates inclusive). There will be additional relaxation of 2 years (max age 28 years) for candidates having PhD qualification after completing the following qualification.
b) Educational Standards: The candidate must have completed Post-Graduation in any Science discipline with minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate of all subjects.
i) The aspirants must have studies Mathematics/ Statistics/ Geography/ Computer Application/ Environmental Science/ Applied Physics/ Oceanography/ Meteorology/ Agricultural Meteorology/ Ecology & Environment/ Geo-Physics/ Environmental Biology.
ii) The applicants must have studied Physics and Mathematics at Graduation level and should have scored at least 55% of marks in aggregate.
iii) The candidates should not have any back-paper/ present backlog in their Graduation/ Post-Graduation level.
iv) The candidates should be able to produce their original/ provisional educational qualification by 15-November-2017.
c) Physical Standards: As per the service rules (please refer to Indian Air Force Website at www.careerairforce.nic.in
Type of Commission:
- Permanent Commission: The candidates selected for Permanent Commission will serve Indian Air Force till the age of Superannuation.
- Short Service Commission: The candidates selected for Short Service Commission will serve Indian Air Force till an initial period of 10 years. Additional 4 years of extension may be allowed to the Officers on SSC provided there are vacancies, requirements, merit, suitability and willingness of the candidates.
Selection Procedure: The candidates short-listed for next level of selection will be called to appear the Air Force Selection Board (AFSB) at any of the AFSBs at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi, and Kancharapara (for airmen candidates). The selection will be based on the following testing of eligibility patterns:
- Initial Screening through Stage-I consisting of Intelligence Test and others
- Stage-II consisting of Psychological Test, Group Test and Interview
- Medical Examinations on the basis of recommendations of AFSBs
- Announcement of Merit List
- 10% of seats in the Meteorological Branches will be reserved for NCC ‘C’ certificate holders.
Pay Packages and Other benefits: As a service person of one of the most glorious profiles of jobs in India, selected candidates will be entitled to receive various advantages along with the pay package.
- Flying Officers: Pay band of Rs.15600 – Rs.39100/- (An approximate monthly salary would be around Rs.68,550/- including the TA/DA and other benefits/allowances)
How to apply: The candidates need to apply online through the official website of Indian Air Force at www.careerairforce.nic.in
Candidates are strongly suggested to refer to official advertisement here, Indian Air Force Commissioned Officers in Meteorology Branch Recruitment 2017 Notification