Indian Air Force has retained a non-superseded glory of being one of the best of the Air Combat forces of the world. The charm and delight of being a part of Indian Air Force is a dream for many young Indians today. Although, all persons working with Air Force need not to be engaged with the flying and associated branch of the force, still the charm never diminishes be in on ground-duties or be it on flying or maintenance duties with the Air Force. Wearing those uniforms in blues has been an enthusiasm among the young professionals, who would like to see them as a part of this magically stunning Indian Air Force.
With the recent initiative from Indian Air Force for induction of Airmen in Technical branch of services, The Central Airmen Selection Board invites applications in proper format from the interested candidates to join Indian Air force as Airmen (in Technical Trades). The applications can be received by ordinary post till 23-May-2013.
The details of the Eligibility Criteria and Selection Norms for Airmen Recruitment are as follows:
Trades of Airmen Technical:
- Automobile Fitter
- Structures Fitter
- Propulsion Fitter
- Electronics Fitter
- Weapon Fitter
- Electrical Fitter
- Workshop Fitter (Smith & Mechanical)
- Mechanical System Fitter
- Date of announcement of Notification: 27-April-2013
- Last date for receipt of completed Application form in prescribed format: 23-May-2013
- Date for Written Test (Tentative): July 2013
- Date of declaration of All India Selection List: 31-August-2013
Norms of Eligibility:
a) Age: The candidate should not have born earlier than 01-September-1993 and later than 30-December-1996 (both these days are included for consideration).
b) Educational Standards:
For Group-X (Technical) Trades: An aspirant must have passed Intermediate (10+2) or Equivalent Examination with Maths, Physics and English with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English OR, Three year Diploma Course in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics or Automobile or Computer Science or Instrumentation Technology or Information Technology) with minimum 50% marks in overall aggregate and 50% marks in English in Diploma or in Intermediate/ Matriculation (if English is not a subject in Diploma)
c) Domicile Requirements: The aspirant need to be a citizen of India to be eligible to apply.
Pay Packages and Other benefits:
The selected applicants as Airmen will be eligible for the following pay packages.
- During Training: A stipend of Rs.8550 along with other perks and allowances
After Completion of Training: The gross average monthly Income will be around Rs. 21414 per month, which will enhance further till Rs.37788 per month for Group-X technical cadre.
Other allowances such as transport, Composite personal maintenance allowance, Family planning allowance, GCB + Class pay, CPMA, LRA, HRA etc are also admissible to airmen.
- The selected candidates as Airmen will be sent for a Joint Basic Phase Training (JBPT) for 12 weeks at Basic Training Institute, Belgaum (Karnataka)
- On successful completion of JBPT, candidates will be allocated trades and sent for Trade Training of a specified duration of period
- After successful completion of training, the Airmen will be deployed on ground based jobs as per their trades
- The enrollment will be for an initial period of 20 years subject to max age of 57 years for a candidate
Note: Training is however liable to be terminated at any time trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit
The selection will be based on the following testing of eligibility:
Verification of Documents (The applicants have to carry all necessary certificates of age, education, nativity, special consideration, NCC, etc. to the venue in original and in photocopy)
Physical Fitness Test
Trade Allocation Test
Announcement of All India Selection List
For more details candidates can visit the website of Indian Air Force at www.indianairforce.nic.in
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through the prescribed format of Application as specified on the website of the Indian Air Force at www.indianairforce.nic.in
- The applications need to be typed on a Good Quality A4 size paper only
- The applications completed in all respect must reach the address through ORDINARY POST only as mentioned under on or before the last date of receipt of application
- Address to send the completed Application:
Central Airmen Selection Board
Post Box No. 11807, NEW DELHI – 110 010
Important Documents to be brought with the Candidates at the time of examination:
- Admit Card.
- Four copies of their color photograph which was submitted at the time of filling the application.
- Original Matriculation Certificate with three photo copies of the same for verification of date of birth.
- Original Passing Certificate and Mark Sheet of Intermediate or 10+2 or Diploma Certificate and Mark sheet of all the semesters in Engineering with three photo copies of each.
- NCC Certificate (A, B or C only), if applicable (Original & three photo copies of the same)
- Son of Air Force Personnel (SOAFP) Certificate/Discharge Book, if applicable (Original & one photo copy)
- HB Pencil, Eraser, Sharpener, Stapler, Gum tube and Blue/Black Ball Point Pen.