Indian Army is one of the most advanced combat forces of the world and one of the three apex combat forces of India serving dedicatedly for the security of the motherland. Joining Indian Army is known as one of the most acclaimed career option for young and enthusiastic Indians who are dedicated to serve the motherland. The jobs with Indian Army is highly honoured and recognized as one of the most prestigious job options in India. Induction of 6th Pay Commission Recommendations has made Indian Army Jobs as one of the charming job options for youths who would like to go for a prestigious career with high salary and perks.
With the recent notification from Indian Army, the applications are being invited from young and enthusiastic candidates who have an inclination for joining Indian Army as a Commissioned Officer. The details of the openings and the essential criteria for selection are detailed as under:
Name of the Course: Indian Army Technical Graduate Course – 118th Batch
- Starting date of Online Registration of Application: 15-May-2013
- Closing date for Online Registration of Application: 13-June-2013
Number of vacancies (discipline-wise): Total 100 posts
- Civil Engineering – 15 posts
- Mechanical Engineering – 15 posts
- Electrical/Electrical & Electronics Engineering – 10 posts
- Automobile/Workshop Technology Engineering – 02 posts
- Aeronautical/Aviation/Aerospace/Ballistics/Avionics Engineering – 02 posts
- Computer Sc & Engg/Computer Technology/Info Tech / M.Sc Computer Sc – 06 posts
- Electronics & Telecom/ Telecommunication/ Electronics & Communication/ Satellite Communication Engineering – 10 posts
- Electronics/Opto Electronics/Fibre Optics/Micro Electronics & Microwave – 08 posts
- Electronics & Instrumentation/Instrumentation Engineering – 03 posts
- Architecture/Building Construction Technology – 02 posts
- Food Tech/Bio Tech/Bio Medical Engineering – 02 posts
- Chemical Engineering – 02 posts
- Metallurgy & Explosives/Metallurgical Engineering – 01 posts
- Industrial/Manufacturing Engg/Industrial Engg & Mgt/Production Engineering – 02 posts
- For Army Education Corps (Men) (MA/ M.Sc in English/ Economics/ History/ Geography/ Pol Science/ Psychology/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Maths/ Computer Science/ Chinese/ Tibetan/ Burmese/ Pushto/ Dari/ Arabic) – 20 Posts
Norms of Eligibility:
For Engineering Graduates: The candidate must be within 20-27 years of age and should not have born earlier than 02-Jan-1987 and not later than 01-Jan-1994 (both these days are included for consideration).
For AEC: The candidate must be within 23-27 years of age and should not have born earlier than 02-Jan-1987 and not later than 01-Jan-1991 (both these days are included for consideration)
b) Educational Standards:
For Engineering Graduates: The candidates studying in the Final Year of Engineering Degree (in respective disciplines) and who are qualified graduates of the Degree Course in Engineering (in respective disciplines) will be eligible to apply. The candidates studying in the final year of Degree Course should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at IMA.
For AEC: The candidate must have MA/ M.Sc Degree in 1st or 2nd division from a university recognized by AIU in English/ Economics/ History/ Geography/ Political Science/ Psychology/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Maths/ Computer Science/ Chinese/ Tibetan/ Burmese/ Pushto/ Dari/ Arabic. Final year appearing candidates are not eligible for Army Education Corps (AEC).
Physical Fitness Standard and Physical Efficiency: As per service codes as detailed on the Indian Army Website at http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in/
Pay Packages and CTC:
- During Training Period at OTA, the candidates will received a stipend of Rs.21000 per month
- After completion of training, the CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately Rs.65000 per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
- Apart from this Indian Army also offers various other allowances and perks as per rules
- Indian Army also provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Group Insurance, Car/ Housing Loan at subsidized rates.
- Total Training duration will be of 1 year at Indian Military Academy (IMA)
- On successful completion of which Candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lieutenant
- The final allocation of Arms/ Services will be made prior to passing out of Gentleman Cadets from IMA
- Candidates will not be allowed to live with parents / guardian
- Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at IMA
- Engineering Graduates will be granted Short Service Commission (on probation) and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lieutenant during training period
Note: Training is however liable to be terminated at any time trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit
The selection will be based on the following testing of eligibility:
Short listing of Candidature
Service Selection Board (Interview/ Group Task/ Personality Test, etc.)
Medical Board Examination
Announcement of Merit List
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates who fulfil the minimum basic eligibility criteria are required through the prescribed application form as available at the website of Indian Army at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- The candidates need to ensure that they fill up complete details and attach all essential credentials, photographs before submitting their application forms
- The candidates need to ensure that they have signed at appropriate spaces as required on the application form