Indian Army Recruitment 2014 for NCC Special Entry Scheme (37th Course Commencing From April 2015)
(Short Service Commission for Both Male And Female)
Indian Army is one of the three major wings of Indian Armed Service Wings guarding the boundaries of our nation. Indian Army is considered to be one of the most efficient combat forces and land-fighters in the world. Fighting four major wars, insurgency and other low intensity wars has indeed made the Indian Army an eminently and efficient battle trained, war machine.
In India, the National Cadet Corps has been introduced in the High School and Intermediate as well as Graduation levels to include students in the Defense training and prepare them for situations of exigency. The NCC offers training in 3 wings of the defense, viz. Army, Navy and Air Wings. Students are awarded 3 types of Certificates for their participation and training in NCC. They retain a chance to get direct entry to the Armed forces of India, after obtaining the ‘C’ certificate of NCC, which usually remains valid for a short period of time. Apart from this the candidates obtaining ‘A’ & ‘B’ certificate are also given preference in various jobs and other facilities.
With the recent initiative, Indian Army is inviting Special Entry for its NCC Cadets (having obtained ‘C’ Certificate) for 37th Course commencing from April 2015. Only an unmarried Male of Female can join this service on Short Service Commission, if he/she fulfills all eligibility criteria and other vital requirements.
The details of the recruitment in to the courses are as follows:
Name of the Entry Scheme: The Indian Army NCC Special Entry – 37th Course
Commencement of Course: April -2015
Number of Vacancies:
- Male: 50 Vacancies (45 for General category and 05 reserved for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel only)
- Female: 04 Vacancies (10% will be reserved for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel only)
NOTE: Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary ground from NDA, IMA, OTA or any other Service Training Academy are NOT eligible to apply for this Selection.
Important dates to reckon for:
- Last date for receipt of application at NCC Battalion/ Group HQ: 31-July-2014
- Last date for receipt of application at DG, NCC: 05-Aug-2014
- Last date for receipt of application at Rtg Dte from DG NCC: 29-Aug-2014
a) Age: The NCC cadets (including wards of Battle Casualties) must be within 19-25 years of age and should not have born earlier than 02-Jan-1990 and not later than 01-Jan-1996 (both these days are included for consideration).
b) Educational Standards:
- The applicants must have a Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks
- Those studying in third year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two years. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if selected in interview failing which their candidature will be cancelled
- The candidate must possess Graduation Degree at the time of joining training at Officers Training Academy (OTA)
- The candidates studying in the final year of graduation must pass Final Degree examination with minimum 50% marks before the commencement of the course and should be able to produce the degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA. (Such candidates will be inducted for training at OTA on additional bond basis for recovery of the cost of training as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay and allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate)
c) Service in NCC: Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division of NCC and must have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC
- NCC ‘C’ Certificate is not required for wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel provided they submit a letter certifying the casualty.
- Applicants under category of Wards of Battle Casualties to send their applications directly to Dte Gen of Recruiting/ Rtg-A, NCC Entry, AG’s Branch, IHQ of MoD (Army)’ West Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066
Physical Fitness Standard and Physical Efficiency: As per service codes of Indian Army detailed at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
Pay Packages and CTC:
- During Training Period at OTA, the candidates will received a stipend of Rs.21000 per month (in the Pay Scale of Rs.15600 with a Grade Pay of Rs.5400)
- These candidates will be receiving competent emoluments as per service rules, which include Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
- Apart from this Indian Army also offers various other allowances and perks as per rules
- Indian Army also provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Group Insurance, Car/ Housing Loan at subsidized rates.
- Total Training duration will be of 49 weeks at OTA, Chennai
- On successful completion of which Candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lieutenant
- The final allocation of Arms/ Services will be made prior to passing out of Gentleman Cadets/Lady Cadets from OTA
- Candidates will not be allowed to live with parents / guardian
- Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at OTA
- The University of Madras will award “Post Graduate Diploma in Defense Management and Strategic Studies” to all cadets who successfully complete Pre-Commission Training at OTA, Chennai
Note: Training is however liable to be terminated at any time trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit.
Period of Probation: An officer will be on probation for a period of 6 months from the date he/she receives the commission.
Period of Service:
- An officer selected under this Special Entry Scheme, will be allowed to serve Indian Army for a Period of 10 years preliminarily and thereafter with an extension of 4 years. (Total 14 years of service)
- Male Officers who are willing to continue services in Army after the expiry of 10 years in Short Service Commission may if eligible and suitable in all respects be considered for Grant of Permanent Commission in accordance with the relevant rules.
- Permanent Commission will not be awarded to Female Officers.
The selection will be based on the following testing of eligibility:
- Short listing of Candidature
- Service Selection Board (Interview/ Group Task/ Personality Test, etc.)
- Medical Board Examination
- Announcement of Merit List
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates who fulfill the minimum basic eligibility criteria are required through the prescribed application form as available at the website of Indian Army at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- The candidates need to ensure that they fill up complete details and attach all essential credentials, photographs before submitting their application forms
- The candidates need to ensure that they have signed at appropriate spaces as required on the application form
Mode of Forwarding of the Applications:
- Applications should be posted by the candidates to the nearest OC, NCC Unit from where NCC ‘C’ certificate has been issued. (last date 31-Jul-2014)
- Applications of Candidates serving in the Armed Forces duly counter-signed by Commanding Officer should be sent to the OC, NCC Unit from where NCC’ ‘C’ certificate has been issued.
- All NCC Units will forward the applications to DDG, NCC of the concerned State
- Directorate General of Recruiting (Rtg ‘A’), Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defense (Army), reserves the right to shortlist applications on the basis of grade obtained by the candidates in NCC ‘C’ certificate examination/ percentage of marks in degree examinations.
- DDG, NCC States will process all applications and forward them to Dte Gen NCC.
Official Advertisement: www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_10601_9_1415b.pdf