Indian Army Recruitment 2014 For Short Service Commission (Technical) For Both Male And Female Candidates
Indian Army is one of the most advanced in the world and the best combat forces of India. This is one of the three apex combat forces of India serving dedicatedly for the security of the nation. With the colours of Green Uniform, and a cap of bravery, this versatile force marks its distinct presence among the elite forces in the world, as far as technology and warfare is concerned.
Joining Indian Army is known as one of the most acclaimed career option for young and enthusiastic Indians. The jobs with Indian Army is highly honoured and recognized as one of the most prestigious job options in India. Induction of revised Pay Commission Recommendations has made Indian Army Jobs as one of the charming job options for youths who would like to go for a prestigious career with competent salary and perks.
With the recent notification from Indian Army, the applications are being invited from young and enthusiastic candidates from both male and female category who have an inclination for joining Indian Army as a Commissioned Officer through Short Service Commission for Technical Entry.
The details of the openings and the essential criteria for selection are detailed as under:
Name of the Course:
- Short Service Commission (Men): 43rd Batch
- Short Service Commission (Women): 14th Batch
- Course Starting Date: October-2014
- Starting date of Online Registration of Application: 03-Feb-2014
- Final date for Online Registration of Application: 03-Mar-2014
Number of vacancies (discipline-wise):
Total 119 posts (100 for Men and 19 for Women)
- Civil Engineering (including Building Construction): 20 Vacancies for Men and 01 Vacancy for Women
- Architecture: 02 Vacancies for Men and 01 Vacancy for Women
- Mechanical Engineering: 15 Vacancies for Men and 02 Vacancies for Women
- Production (including Industrial/Manufacturing/Industrial Engg & Management): 03 Vacancies for Men and 01 Vacancy for Women
- Automobile Engineering: 02 Vacancies for Men and 01 Vacancy for Women
- Aeronautical/Aerospace/Avionics Engineering: 02 Vacancies for Men and 01 Vacancy for Women
- Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering: 15 Vacancies for Men and 02 Vacancies for Women
- Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Micro Electronics & Microwave: 12 Vacancies for Men and 02 Vacancies for Women
- Electronics & Telecom/ Telecommunication/ Electronics & Communication/ Satellite Communication Engineering: 15 Vacancies for Men and 03 Vacancies for Women
- Bio Tech/ Food Tech Engineering: 03 Vacancies for Men and 02 Vacancies for Women
- Computer Sc & Engg/Computer Technology/Info Tech / M.Sc Computer Sc: 10 Vacancies for Men and 02 Vacancies for Women
For Widows of Defence Personnel – Vacancies – 02 posts
- SSC W (Non Tech) for Graduate in any discipline – 01 Post under Non UPSC Entry
- SSC W (Tech) for B.E/B.Tech in any stream – 01 Post under SSCW (T) -14 Course
Norms of Eligibility:
For SSC (Tech)-43 Men: The candidate must be within 20-27 years of age and should not have born earlier than 02-Oct-1987 and not later than 01-Oct-1994 (both these days are included for consideration).
For SSC (Tech)-14 Women: The candidate must be within 20-27 years of age and should not have born earlier than 02-Oct-1987 and not later than 01-Oct-1994 (both these days are included for consideration).
For Widows of Defence Personnel
For SSCW (Non-Tech): The candidate must be within 19-29 years of age and should not have born earlier than 02-July-1985 and not later than 01-July-1995 (both these days are included for consideration)
For SSCW (Tech): The candidate must be within 20-31 years of age and should not have born earlier than 02-Oct-1983 and not later than 01-Oct-1994 (both these days are included for consideration)
- Widows of Defence Personnel, including those with children will only be eligible if they are not remarried
- The envelope containing the application of such candidates should be super-scribed in Red Ink indicating clearly the name of the officer with rank. For example, Widow of late …….,
- Such candidates will apply OFF LINE directly to Integrated HQ of Min of Defence (Army), AG’s Branch, DG Rtg/ Rtg – 6 (WE) Section, West Block – III, RK Puram, New Delhi – 110066
- For Engineering Graduates: The candidates (both Men & Women) studying in the Final Year of Engineering Degree (in respective disciplines) and who are qualified graduates of the Degree Course in Engineering (in respective disciplines) will be eligible to apply.
- The candidates studying in the final year of Degree Course should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at IMA.
Physical Fitness Standard and Physical Efficiency:
- As per service codes as detailed on the Indian Army Website at http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
Pay Packages and CTC:
- During Training Period at OTA, Chennai, the candidates will receive a stipend of Rs.21000 per month. This will include Rs.15600 as Pay in Pay Band and Rs.5400 as Grade pay.
- After completion of training, the CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately Rs.65000 per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance, etc.
- Apart from this Indian Army also offers various other allowances and perks as per rules
- Indian Army also provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Group Insurance, and Loans at subsidized rates.
- Total Training duration will be of 49 weeks at Officers Training Academy, Chennai (OTA)
- On successful completion of which Candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lieutenant
- The final allocation of Arms/ Services will be made prior to passing out of Gentleman Cadets from OTA
- Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at OTA
- Engineering Graduates will be granted Short Service Commission (on probation) and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lieutenant during training period
- Training is however liable to be terminated at any time trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit
Grant of Commission:
- Short Service Commission will be allowed to Officers (Male and Female) in the regular Army for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of 04 years.
- Male officers may be granted permanent Commission after completion of 10 years of service.
- Female officers will not be entitled for extension beyond 14 years of SSC.
The selection will be based on the following testing of eligibility:
- Short listing of Candidature
- Service Selection Board (Interview/ Group Task/ Personality Test, etc.)
- Medical Board Examination
- Announcement of Merit List
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates can apply through the prescribed application form as available at the website of Indian Army at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- The candidates need to ensure that they fill up complete details and attach all essential credentials, photographs before submitting their application forms
- The candidates need to ensure that they have signed at appropriate spaces as required on the application form.