Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is engaged in application of Space Science and Space Technology for the development of society at large and for serving the nation by achieving self-reliance by indigenously developing capability to design and develop Space Transportation Systems and Satellites.
With its present announcement, ISRO announces recruitment drive for induction of 233 Positions of Assistants at its various Zones across India.
The details are mentioned below:
- Starting date for Online Registration of application: 17-Jul-2014
- Last Date of Online Registration of application: 07-Aug-2014
- Date for payment of Application fees through personalized challan: from 18-Jul till 08-Aug-2014
- Last Date of receipt of hard copy of application with all credentials at ISRO Headquarter: 14-Aug-2014
- Tentative Date of written test: 12-Oct-2014
Details of Job Positions: Assistants (233 Positions [UR-135, OBC-55, SC-31, ST-12])
- Zone Ahemedabad: 04 Posts [UR-02, ST-02]
- Zone Bangalore: 75 Posts [UR-42, OBC-15, SC-13, ST-05]
- Zone Hyderabad: 24 Posts [UR-14, OBC-07, SC-01, ST-02]
- Zone New Delhi: 04 Posts [UR]
- Zone Sriharikota: 54 Posts [UR-28, OBC-14, SC-09, ST-03]
- Zone Thiruvananthapuram: 72 Posts [UR-45, OBC-18, SC-08]
- In Bangalore zone 4 posts [2 – UR; 1 – OBC; 1 – SC] are identified for filling-up at MCF, Hassan; 6 posts [5 – UR; 1 – OBC] are identified for filling-up as Upper Division Clerk at Department of Space, Bangalore; 1 post (UR) is identified for ISTRAC, Port Blair; and 1 post (UR) is identified for ILC, Mumbai.
- In New Delhi zone 4 posts [UR] are identified for filling-up at IIRS, Dehradun
- In Thiruvananthapuram zone, 14 posts [UR-7; OBC-4; SC-03] are identified for filling-up at IPRC, Mahendragiri
- There will be reservation for PWD and Ex-Servicemen as per the standard Govt. Of India rules.
Pay Scale provisions:
- Selected candidates will be appointed as Assistants in the pay band of Rs.5200-Rs.20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.2400.
- The gross emoluments in the minimum of pay band will at present be approximately Rs.19820 per month.
- In addition, they will receive other allowances as per rules of ISRO.
- The opportunity is open to all candidate who have secured 1st Class Graduation in Arts/ Commerce/ Management/ Science/ Computer Applications.
- Candidates must have knowledge of Computers.
- A candidate should not exceed 26 years as on 07-Aug-2014 and should have attained minimum 18 years of age.
- However relaxation in upper age limit is applicable for Ex-Servicemen and PWD candidates as per rules.
- Application fee: Rs.100
- For SC/ST/Women/ PWD/ Ex-SM candidates: Fees Exempted
- The fees can be paid through the system generated challan in any branch of State Bank of India Receipt Account No.32034064593.
- No other mode of payment like Cash, Cheque, Demand Draft, Money Order, IPO, etc. will be accepted.
The selection of candidates will be done as per the following steps:
- Written test (Conducted at 7 venues at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram)
- Personal Interview
- Pre-Employment Medical Test
- Final merit list
How to apply:
- The candidates who fulfil the conditions of eligibility may apply online through the website of ISRO at www.isro.gov.in
- The applicants are required to read through the detailed advertisement as available at http://www.isac.gov.in/CentralOCB-2014/advt.jsp, before applying online
- The applicants should ensure that they fill all relevant columns with factual information
- After completion of online form submission, candidates need to take print out of the personalized fee payment challan and deposit their application fees (as applicable)
- The hardcopy of application along with ISRO copy of the payment challan and other supporting documents should be sent to the following address by post so as to reach by the designated dates mentioned above:
- The envelope containing application form should be super-scribed as “ICRB – RECRUITMENT OF ASSISTANT“
- Address to send the completed application form by ORDINARY POST only:
Administrative Officer (ICRB)
Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road
Bangalore -560 094