Mazagon Dock Limited invites applications from interested and eligible candidates for the posts of Technical Staff and Operatives in various trades in skilled grades for appointment on Permanent Basis. Selected candidates will be on probation for a period of six months.
Most Important Date: Last Date for Receipt of Application: 18-June-2015
Name of the Positions along with Number of Vacancies Advertised: Technical Staff and Operatives – 311 Vacancies (Unreserved- 187, OBC- 76, SC- 26, ST- 22)
- Junior Draughtsman (Mechanical): 02 Posts
- Junior QC Inspector (Mechanical ): 02 Posts
- Junior Planner Estimator (Mechanical ): 02 Posts
- Junior Draughtsman (Mechanical): 03 Posts
- Structural Fabricator: 45 Posts
- Fitter: 64 Posts
- Pipe Fitter: 75 Posts
- Electrician: 33 Posts
- Electric Crane Operator: 02 Posts
- Electronic Mechanic: 13 Posts
- Painter: 17 Posts
- Carpenter: 07 Posts
- Machinist: 01 Post
- Brass Finisher: 01 Post
- Compressor Attendant: 01 Post
- Composite Welder: 20 Posts
- Rigger: 23 Posts
Age Limit: Minimum 18 years and Maximum 33 years as on 01-May-2015. Upper age limit is relaxable as per norms for SC, ST, OBC, and Ex-SM candidates.
Educational Qualification Criteria:
- For Junior QC Inspector (Mechanical), Junior Planner Estimator (Mechanical) Posts: Candidates must have passed SSC/ HSC, with full time three years Diploma with aggregate 55% marks or full time Degree with pass class in Mechanical (Mechanical/ Mechanical & Industrial Engineering/ Mechanical & Production Engineering/ Production Engineering) or Marine Engineering from government recognized Technical Board/ University.
- For Junior Draughtsman (Mechanical) , Structural Fabricator , Fitter , Pipe Fitter , Electrician, Electric Crane Operator, Electronic Mechanic , Painter, Carpenter, Machinist , Brass Finisher , Compressor Attendant Posts: Candidates must have passed SSC or equivalent examination, and have National Apprenticeship Certificate in the relevant trade.
- For Composite Welder Post: Candidates must have passed VIII standards, and have National Apprenticeship Certificate in the trade of Welder/ Welder (Gas & Electric).
- For Rigger Post: Candidates must have passed VIII standard, and have National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) in the trade of Rigger/ Fitter.
Pay Scale: Rs.7500-22430/- [Skilled Gr-I (IDA-5) category]
Selected candidates will be entitled to industrial DA, HRA, CPF, and other allowances as per company norms.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected on the basis of written test followed by interview for Junior Planner Estimator (Mechanical), Junior QC Inspector (Mechanical), and Junior Draughtsman (Mechanical) posts.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of Interview followed by trade test for all other posts.
Processing Fees: Rs. 100/- + Bank charges of Rs.40/-
- SC, ST, and Ex-Servicemen candidates are exempted from paying any fees.
- Applicants are suggested to deposit the fee at any nearest branch of State Bank of India(SBI) by using challan form only.
How to Apply: Interested candidates fulfilling eligibility conditions should apply through prescribed format of application as downloaded/ printed from the website of Mazagon Dock Limited at www.mazagondock.gov.in
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed notification available here, http://www.mazagondock.gov.in/career_May15.pdf.
- The candidates should enclose their application along with all supporting documents and certificate copies and send that to the following address so as to reach by 18-June-2015.
- The envelope containing the application must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF SKILLED GRADE-I IN THE TRADE- _____ against Permanent Vacancies”.
- The application should be send by Post or Courier only.
- Address to send the completed application:
The DGM (HR-REC-NE), Recruitment Cell
Service Block- 3rd Floor
Mazagon Dock Limited
Dockyard Road, Mumbai-400010