Mumbai Port has long been the principal gateway to India and has played a vital role in the development of the national economy, trade & commerce and prosperity of Mumbai city in particular. The port has achieved this position through continuous endeavor to serve the changing needs of maritime trade. Though traditionally designed to handle general cargo, over the years, the port has adapted to changing shipping trends and cargo packaging and containerization. Besides, it has also developed specialized berths for handling POL and Chemicals. The Port has been certified with ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management norms and is one of the most prosperous ports of the country.
With a challenging opportunity for learning from one of the most experienced Port Trusts of India, the Mumbai Port Trust is inviting applications for the positions of Graduate, Technician and Trade Apprentice from young Graduate Engineers, Diploma Engineers and other technical competency holders from various streams:
The details of the recruitment procedure are as follows:
- Starting date for sale of applications at Mumbai Port Trust (ATC): 16-June-2014 from 10:00 AM
- Last date for sale of applications at Mumbai Port Trust (ATC): 15-July-2014 till 05:00 PM
- Last date for receipt of competent applications from eligible candidates: 18-July-2014
- Date of reckoning Age limit: 01-Oct-2014
Education Stream-wise details of the posts for Apprenticeship:
- Graduate Engineer Apprentice: 05 Vacancies
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering: 02 Vacancies
- Degree in Electrical Engineering: 03 Vacancies
- Diploma Engineer Apprentice (Technician Apprentice): 06 Vacancies
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering: 03 Vacancies
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering: 03 Vacancies
- Vocational Trainee Apprentice (Trade Apprentice): 53 Vacancies
- Fitter: 09 Vacancies
- Carpenter: 05 Vacancies
- Welder: 05 Vacancies
- Mechanic (Diesel): 03 Vacancies
- Pipe Fitter: 01 Vacancy
- Machinist: 02 Vacancies
- Electrician: 07 Vacancies
- Mechanic (Motor Vehicle): 08 Vacancies
- Draughtsman (Mechanical): 01 Vacancy
- Programming And System Administration Assistant (PASAA): 12 Vacancies
Most Important Academic Criteria:
- For Graduate Engineers: The interested applicants should have passed Bachelors Degree in Engineering from a reputed/ recognized institution.
- For Diploma Engineers: The interested applicants should have passed a 3 years Diploma in Engineering from a reputed/ recognized institution.
- For Vocational Trainees (except Carpenter, Welder and PASSA): The interested applicants must have passed SSC (10th / Matriculation) in the first attempt and with minimum 50% marks and possess a National Trade Certificate from a recognized ITI in the concerned trades.
- For Vocational Trainees (Carpenter & Welder): The interested applicants must have Passed 8th standard and possess a National Trade Certificate from a recognized ITI in the respective trades.
- For Vocational Trainees (PASSA): The interested applicants must have Passed 12th (10+2/ Intermediate) standard and possess a National Trade Certificate in COPA (Computer Operator and Programming Assistant) from a recognized ITI
Period of training:
- The training of Apprentice will be varied as per various posts and will be for 1/2/ 3 years duration.
- For Graduate/ Diploma Engineers: Training period will be for 1 year only
- For Trade Apprentice (Carpenter, Mechanic-Diesel & Pipe Fitter): Training period will be for 2 years only
- For Trade Apprentice (Fitter): Training period will be for 3 years
- For all other Trade Apprentice: Training period will be for 1 year only
- The Mumbai Port Trust do not guarantee to provide employment to any Apprentice Trainee after completion of their apprenticeship.
- Graduate Engineers: Rs.3560 (Consolidated stipend per month)
- Diploma Engineers: Rs.2530 (Consolidated stipend per month)
- Vocational Trainee (Fitter): Rs.2100 in the 1st year, Rs.2400 in the 2nd year and Rs.2800 in the 3rd and final year (Consolidated stipend per month)
- Vocational Trainee (Carpenter, Mechanic-Diesel & Pipe Fitter): Rs.2400 in the 1st year, Rs.2800 in the 2nd and final year (Consolidated stipend per month)
- Vocational Trainee (Welder & PASSA): Rs.2400 in the 1st and final year (Consolidated stipend per month)
- Vocational Trainee (except those above mentioned): Rs.2800 in the 1st and final year (Consolidated stipend per month)
Age Criteria (as on 01-Oct-2014):
- For SSC (10th/ Matriculation) passed applicants: Minimum age 14 years and maximum age of 19 years
- For ITI passed applicants: Minimum age 14 years and maximum age 21 years
- For Graduate and Technician (Diploma) Trainees: No upper age limit
- However, there will be 5 years of relaxation in upper age limit is applicable for SC/ST interested applicants as per their nature of application
For all these trainee positions the reservation will be applicable as per the percentage mentioned under:
SC-6%, ST-6%, PH-3%, OBC–27%, Ex. Serviceman–3% and Female–25%
- The applicants will be selected on the basis of their marks obtained in their respective levels of qualifications
- The selection of applicants will be finally considered as per the discretion of Mumbai Port Trust.
- The applicants can obtain their application and prospectus by payment of Rs.20 (in cash) at the Apprentice Training Centre, Mumbai Port Trust Workshops, N. V. Nakhwa Marg, Mazgaon, Dockyard Road (E), Mumbai – 400 010.
- This will be available from 10 AM to 5 PM and from Monday to Friday at the above address on working days
- The application can also be downloaded from the website of Mumbai Port Trust at http://mumbaiport.gov.in and for such applications the interested applicants have to pay the fees of Rs.20 through Crossed Indian Postal Order drawn in favor of “BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PORT OF MUMBAI” and that should be payable at G.P.O. Mumbai
- The applications can be obtained by post by sending the IPO with a self addressed envelope of 9” X 4 ½ ” affixed with postal stamp of Rs.15 on it.
- The PWD applicants are exempted from paying any fees.
- No other mode of payment of application fees will be accepted
How to Apply:
- The interested applicants can apply through the prescribed application form detailing their vital information i.e. i) Name, ii) Complete Postal Address, iii) Telephone Number, iv) Date of Birth, v) Educational Eligibility, vi) Caste and other such essential information, which may be considered for induction in Apprenticeship Training
- The applicants are advised to read the detailed notification from Mumbai Port Trust as available at http://www.mumbaiport.gov.in/writereaddata/linkimages/7762169638.pdf before applying for the posts.
- Application completed in all respect, and attached with all valid copies of certificates and Crossed Indian Postal Order (Rs.20- wherever applicable) must be sent to the following address so as to reach by the last date of submission of application.
- Address to send the Completed Application:
Apprentice Training Centre
Mumbai Port Trust Workshops
N. V. Nakhwa Marg, Mazgaon
Dockyard Road (E), Mumbai – 400 010