(In the Disciplines of Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Instrumentation and Electronics)
NTPC Limited is the largest power generation facility in India with a commissioned capacity of 39174 MW through its 30 power stations. This company has been conferred with prestigious Maharatna status by the Govt. of India for its outstanding achievements in Power Generation. NTPC added a record capacity of power generation during the year 2011-12 surpassing its earlier best. With a proactive planning, this company aims at a capacity of capacity of 128000 MW by the year 2032. NTPC has been ranked the 3rd in India’s Best Companies to work for during a survey in the year 2012.
With its extensive expansion plan and on-going reforms this company opens a challenging opportunity for young, dynamic and ambitious Engineers who would be completing GATE 2014 successfully in the disciplines of Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering this year. The GATE-2014 notification has already been published and those candidates who would successfully complete this Graduate Aptitude Test will be eligible for consideration of selection for Engineering Executive Trainee in this Power Sector Giant.
The vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below: Advertisement Number 04/2013
Name of the Position: Engineering Executive Trainee – ET-2014 (Engg)
Number of vacancies: Will be notified in Due Course
- Starting date for online registration of application for GATE-2014: 02-Sept-2013
- Last date for online submission of Application for GATE-2014: 01-Oct-2013
- Commencement of Online Registration of Application in NTPC: 20-Dec-2013 from 1300 Hours
- Last Date of Online Registration of Application in NTPC: 18-Jan-2014 till Mid Night
- The Candidates having completed Full time Bachelor’s Degree in concerned branches of Engineering or Technology/ AMIE with not less than 65% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates), taking average of all the Years are eligible to apply.
- The Candidates have to score successfully in GATE-2014 for final consideration for selection.
Details of the Branches of Engineering, which are eligible:
- Electrical Engineering (GATE Paper Code – EE): Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics/ Electrical, Instrumentation & Control/ Power Systems & High Voltage/ Power Electronics/ Power Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (GATE Paper Code – ME): Mechanical/ Production/ Industrial Engg/ Production & Industrial Engg/ Thermal/ Mechanical & Automation/ Power Engineering
- Civil Engineering (GATE Paper Code – CE): Only Civil Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering (GATE Paper Code – IN): Electronics & Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Electronics Engineering (GATE Paper Code – EC): Electronics/ Electronics & Telecommunication/ Electronics & Power/ Power Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- The candidate must not have attained the upper age limit of 27 years as on last date for submission of Online Application at NTPC (i.e. 18-Jan-2014).
- Candidates born before 17-Jan-1987 need not apply for these posts.
The selected candidates will have to undergo 1 year training at various locations. The region in which the selected candidates will be posted will be decided at the time of joining. However, final place of posting in that region will be allocated only after successful completion of training.
NTPC Ltd. offers one of the best pay packages in the industry. The selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs.24900-Rs.50500 in the E-II Grade with annual increment of 3% in IDA pattern as Assistant Managers after successful completion of Training. In addition, they will be entitled to draw Other Allowance, Performance Related Pay, Medical Reimbursement and others as admissible in the same Grade.
Service Agreement Bond:
The Selected candidates who belong to General and OBC categories will be required to execute a service agreement bond of Rs.250000 (Rs.125000 for candidates belonging to SC, ST and PWDs) to serve the company for at least 3 years after successful completion of the training.
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates will have to appear for GATE-2014 in the required papers.
- Based on the GATE-2014 score card and academic ranking the candidates will be short listed for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- All Short Listed candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks in GD & interview.
- The candidates may have to face a Pre-Recruitment Medical Test prior to final joining.
Application Registration Fee:
- For General and OBC: Rs. 150
- For SC/ST/ PWD candidates: Fees exempted
- The fee can be deposited in the State Bank of India Account Number: 30987919993 at CAG branch, New Delhi, on behalf of NTPC through the prescribed Pay-in-slip only. The Pay-in-slip can be downloaded from the website of NTPC
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply for GATE-2014 with their candidature through www.gate.iitkgp.ac.in/gate2014 or on the websites of other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
- With the GATE-2014 registration Number, candidates can apply online in NTPC on the career section of NTPC website (www.ntpccareers.net, or www.ntpccareers.net/et14_hm.php).
- After applying online, candidate is required to take print out of the Application Form generated by the system with Unique Registration Number, and other details.
- Candidates called for Group Discussion and/or Interview will be required to produce the same documents at the time of Group Discussion and/or Interview.
- The E-mail ID entered in the online application form must remain valid for at least next one year
- All future correspondence will be sent via E-mail only.