Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) is the state level nodal agency for conducting competent evaluation and recruiting the candidates in multiple departments and their subsidiary organizations as and when the departments require such candidates for their service channels. The OSSC operating with the guidelines of departments and other establishments and plays a prudent role in selection of staff.
With the recent requirement from different Government Polytechnics under the Directorate of Technical Education and Director (SC & ST Research & Training Institute), the OSSC has released a notification regarding inviting competent candidates for the positions of Junior Librarian (Post Code: JL-83). There are 23 total vacancies as notified till now.
The details of the vacancies and the norms of recruitment are detailed as under:
Name of the Post: Junior Librarian
Post Code: Post Code: JL-83
Total no of posts: 23 Posts (22 on Contract basis and 1 on Permanent basis)
- Out of which, 06 posts are reserved for Women. Out of the complete posts 04 posts are reserved for SC, 05 posts for ST and 05 posts are reserved for SEBC candidates. There are 09 posts marked for UR candidates with this order. Out of the total vacancies 01 post for PWD and 01 post for Ex-Sm are also reserved.
- Last date of online submission of application: 25-Dec-2013 till 11:59 PM
- Last date for receiving OSSC hardcopy of Application Form: 30-Dec-2013 till 5 PM
- Date for reckoning age and education: 01-Jan-2013
- The candidates get selected for this post will receive a scale of PB-I in the order of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 with a Grade Pay of Rs.2000 per month.
- However, for contractual posts the candidates will be eligible to receive a consolidated remuneration in the range of Rs.5200 per month.
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Age: The candidates must have complete 21 years of age but not reached 32 as on 01-Jan-2013. Age relaxations are applicable according to the rules laid down by the state government. Proof of age is to be reckoned as in the matriculation certificate or school leaving certificate issued by the board.
- Education: The candidates must have completed their Bachelors Degree in Library Science with at least 1st Division. For the permanent post, the education may be relaxed till 2nd Division in Bachelor in Library Science. The competent certificate should be attached with the detailed application format.
- Mandatory: The candidate should have passed ME school examination in Odia language subjects or equivalent
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of a Written Round for the Contractual Posts.
- For selection of permanent post under Director, SC & ST Research & Training Institute, the selection will be done through Written Test and Personal Interview.
- Candidates other than SC/ST/PWD have to pay the fees through Online mode or through the conventional treasury challan in favor of “0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees Collected For Conducting Examination-02041-Examination Fee”
- The fees can also be deposited through preferred bank challans as available at the website of the Odisha SSC
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidates are exempted from paying any fees
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply for the posts by logging into the official site of www.odishassc.in. Detailed instructions for filling up of the post are provided here.
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and by uploading a recent passport size photograph, they have to put the photo in the specified place in the form.
- Two copies of the submitted applications need to be printed out, one for the SSC and other for the candidate.
- The copy meant for SSC is to be immediately filled up and sent to the commission along with the original treasury challan/ fee payment receipt and with attested photocopies of the certificates and documents as proof of birth, educational career, caste, etc.
- The Admit cards etc. Can be downloaded from the website of the OSSC
- The envelope containing application should be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF JUNIOR LIBRARIAN”
- Address to send the completed application form by Registered Post/ Speed Post:
Odisha Staff Selection Commission
Barrack No-1, Unit-V, Bhubaneswar – 751054