The Odisha State Co-operative Bank, a Scheduled Bank under RBI Act was registered in the year 1948 as the Apex Bank of the short term Coop. Credit structure of Odisha with an objective of Development of the agrarian economy of Odisha by catching the credit equipment of the terms of the state. The state cooperative bank has been a vital equipment for rural banking in various districts across the state.
With the recent requirement from the District Central Cooperative Banks and State Cooperative Bank, there is a notification for induction of Assistant Managers and Junior Managers in various branches throughout the state.
The details of the vacancies and the norms of recruitment are detailed as under:
Name of the Post:
- Assistant Manager (District Central Cooperative Bank): 892 Posts (UR-446, SC-145, ST-201 & SEBC (OBC)-100)
- Junior Manager (Odisha State Cooperative Bank): 50 Posts (UR-20, SC-10, ST-15 & SEBC (OBC)-05) (including 10 backlog vacancies)
- Starting date of online submission of application: 01-Dec-2013
- Last date of online submission of application: 08-Dec-2013
- Payment of Application Fees: From 01-Dec till 08-Dec-2013
- Date of availability of Call Letters: 17-Dec-2013 onwards
- Tentative date of examination: 21-Dec-2013
- For Assistant Managers in DCCBs:
- For Category-I banks: The candidates get selected for this post will receive a scale of PB-II in the order of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with a Grade Pay of Rs.4200 per month.
- For Category-II banks: The candidates get selected for this post will receive a scale of PB-II in the order of Rs.4750 – Rs.7500 with other allowances as applicable.
- For Junior Managers in OSCB: The candidates get selected for this post will receive a scale of PB-II in the order of Rs.8040 – Rs.20100 with other allowances as applicable per month.
- The candidates will be eligible for respective allowances and perks as per rules of the OSCB and DCCB.
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Assistant Managers in DCCBs: The candidates must have completed 21 years of age but not reached 28 as on 01-Apr-2013.
- Junior Managers in OSCB: The candidates must have completed 21 years of age but not reached 32 as on 01-Apr-2013.
- Age relaxations are applicable according to the rules laid down by the state government.
- Assistant Managers in DCCBs: The candidates must have secured at least 60% in Graduation and 50% in Post-Graduation in any subject. However, candidates having completed Graduation/ PG in Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Agriculture, Law, Accountancy, CA, along with knowledge of Basic Computer Application will be preferred.
- Junior Managers in OSCB: The candidates must have completed Masters Degree in Banking Management/ MBA/ MA in Economics/ MCom with PGDCA/ A level certification will be eligible for these posts. The candidates having Graduation with 50% marks along with Diploma in Cooperative Management/ Rural Development and PGDCA/ A level Certification are also eligible to apply.
- Mandatory: For the positions in DCCBs, candidate should belong to the same area (native) upon which the DCCB has its jurisdiction.
- The candidates should serve the bank for a probation period of 2 years. Upon non-performance of the candidates during the probation period, the service will be terminated.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of an Online Written test and a personal interview for these posts.
- There will be negative marking in the Written Examination
- General Category (for single post): Rs.500
- General Category (for both posts): Rs.800
- All other reserved category (for single post): Rs.100
- All other reserved category (for both posts): Rs.150
- The fees can also be deposited through online mode as detailed on the website of the OSCB
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply for the posts by logging into the official site of http://www.oscb.coop/ or at www.rcsorissa.nic.in or at www.odisha.gov.in/co-operation . Detailed instructions for filling up of the post are provided here.
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and by uploading a recent passport size photograph, they have to put the photo in the specified place in the form.
- The candidates are advised to keep one copy with them for future reference
- The Admit cards etc. Can be downloaded from the website of the OSCB.
- One must refer to official advertisement here www.oscb.coop/pdf/Recruitment_AssistantManagers_DCCB.pdf