Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) invites application from eligible candidates for recruitment of Traffic Constable under the Commerce & Transport Department, Odisha.
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 15-December-2014
- Last Date to Apply Online: 15-January-2015
- Edit of Submitted Application Form: Within 48 Hours of Submission of Application
Name of the Posts along with Vacancies:
Traffic Constable (OMVD): 122 Vacancies [Unreserved- 61, SEBC- 14, SC- 20, ST- 27]
Age Limit: Minimum 21 years and maximum 32 years as on 01-January-2014.
Educational Qualification: Candidate should have completed at least +2 examinations or equivalent, and must be able to read, write and speak Odia language.
Pay Scale: Rs. 5200-20200/- (Pay Band- 2) + Grade Pay of Rs. 1900/-
Mode of Selection: Selection will be made on the basis of Physical Standard Measurement (Compulsory- Qualifying), written test of 85 marks, and evaluation of academic career of 15 marks.
- SC/ ST category candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee.
- For All other category candidates: Rs. 100/-
- Candidates can make the payment via E-Payment mode through the official portal www.odishatreasury.gov.in; OR by Online mode by using Net Banking or Debit Card. OR
- Candidates can also be paid the fee pay through offline mode in form of Challan drawn under the Head of Account “0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examination Fees” OR through the Conventional mode into the Treasury under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examination Fees”.
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates may apply online only through the official website of Odisha Staff Selection Commission, http://www.odishassc.in
Only those candidates who qualify in written examination shall have to submit the duly signed OSSC copy of online submitted application, along with DAF (Detailed Application Form), original challan in case of unreserved and SEBC candidate, self attested photocopy of caste certificate in case SC and ST candidates, self attested photocopy of SEBC certificate if applicable, self attested photocopy of educational qualification mark sheet and certificates, Odia language certificate as requested, to the Secretary, Odisha Staff Selection Commission, Barrack No. 1, Unit- V, Bhubaneswar- 751054; superscribing the envelope as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF Traffic Constable (OMVD)” by registered post/ speed post within 15 days of declaration of written exam result.
For more detail on this recruitment such as relaxation in age limit, breakout of vacancies, minimum eligibility criteria, detail selection process, written examination pattern and syllabus, place date and venue of physical test and written exam, required physical standards, and other important guidelines please refer to official recruitment advertisement from Odisha Staff Selection Commission here http://www.odishassc.in/pdf/web%20.advt%20for%20the%20TRAFIC%20CONSTABLE%20.pdf