The Department of Health & Family Welfare, Government of Punjab is one of the vital functioning organizations of the state, committed to provide preventive, promotive and curative quality health Services at an affordable price to the people of the state. For this, a wide network of Health Institution consisting of hospitals, Community Health Centers, Primary Health Centers and Subsidiary Health Centers/ Dispensaries to cater to the health needs of the rural and urban population through well trained medical and paramedical staff have been established in the State.
With the recent notification from the Department of Health & Family Welfare, Punjab, it intends to recruit Medical Officer (Specialist) in various disciplines through a Walk in interview.
The details of the vacancies are as follows:
Profile of the Job and number of vacancies:
- Medical Officer (Specialist): 394 Positions (Reservation will be applicable as per rules)
Faculties of Specialization:
Medical Officers in Anesthesia, Radiology, Medicine, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Gynecology, Pathology, General Surgery, TB & Chest, Ophthalmology, SPM/Community Medicine, Skin &VD, Orthopedics and Ophthalmology
Mode of recruitment: Walk-In Interview
Dates & Place of Walk-In Interview:
- The walk-in will be held at the Auditorium, State Institute of Health & Family Welfare Complex, Near Civil Hospital, Phase-VI, Ajitgarh, Mohali, Contact No. 0172-2266938 on 22-July-2013 at 10:00 AM
- The candidates have to apply through ONLINE mode at the website of Department of Health & Family Welfare at www.pbhealth.gov.in and mail the scanned testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 14-July-2013, 5:00 PM.
Essential Criteria for Eligibility:
The applicants must be within 18 to 35 years of age as on 01-January-2013. However, relaxation in upper age limit is applicable as per norms for special categories.
- Academics/ Professional Qualification:
The applicant must have Post Graduate Degree in the concerned Specialty as mentioned with MBBS as recognized from Medical Council of India. The Applicants must have been registered with Punjab Medical Council.
- Language Proficiency:
The applicant should possess Knowledge of Punjabi Language up to Matriculation Standard. Candidates who do not possess this qualification shall have to acquire this qualification within six month of their joining the service failing which their services shall be terminated
The candidates selected as Medical Officers (Specialist) are eligible for a Pay Scale of Rs.15600-Rs.39100 with a Grade Pay of Rs.5400 along with NPA and other allowances as applicable from the Punjab State Government
The selection will be based on a merit performance in the Walk-in interview.
- The candidates should reach the concerned stations on the date of Walk-in with all their credentials, original certificates, photocopies of certificates and recent passport size photograph.
- The applicants can visit the website of Punjab Health at http://pbhealth.gov.in/FINALwalk_in_interview_22-7-2013.pdf or at http://pbhealth.gov.in/ to know more about the recruitment procedures