SSC Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Exam 2014 Notification, Important Dates, Eligibility, Pay Scale, How to Apply, Mode of Selection, Syllabus, Admit Card, Result
With the recent announcement, the SSC is going to conduct an All India Open Competitive Examination for recruitment to the Group-“C” posts of Data Entry Operator, and Lower Division Clerk in various Central Government Ministries / Departments / Offices.
Appointment preference for Ministry/ Department/ Office will be taken from the candidates qualified for Skill Test/ Typing Test at the time of Skill Test/ Typing Test.
Candidates who have completed their higher secondary education are invited to apply for Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Exam 2014.
The details of the recruitment procedure are as follows:
- Date of publication of the Advertisement: 19-July-2014
- Starting date for Part-I and Part-II or Online/ Offline Registration: 19-July-2014
- Closing Date: 19-August-2014 till 5:00 PM
- Last Date for Payment Through Offline Challan: August 21, 2014
- Closing Date for candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad: 26-August-2014 till 5:00 PM
- Date of All India examination: 2nd and 9th-November-2014
Details of the Posts:
- Data Entry Operator – 1006 Vacancies
- Lower Division Clerk – 991 Vacancies
- Data Entry Operator (Group-C – Non-Gazetted): Pay Band-1, Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 + Grade Pay of Rs.2400
- Lower Division Clerk (Group-C – Non-Gazetted): Pay Band-1, Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 + Grade Pay of Rs.1900
- The candidate must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent or higher examination from a recognized Board or University
- Candidates who have not acquired/will not acquire the educational qualification as on 01-August-2013 will not be eligible and need not apply
- The candidates applying for Data Entry Operators must have Data Entry Speed of at least 8000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- Typing Test will be conducted for those candidates who qualify in the Written Examination. Such Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
- For details of the requirements a candidate can log on to the website of SSC at www.ssc.nic.in
- The applicant must have attained the age of 18 years and must not have attained the age of 27 years as on 01-August-2014.
- However, the relaxation in upper age is applicable as per rules.
- Unreserved (General) & OBC: Rs. 100 only
- Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, PWD, Women & Ex-Servicemen: Fees exempted
The fee can be deposited through the Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS) [for off-line applications]; or through SBI NET-BANKING [SBI Challan /Payment portal- In Case Online Application]. Any other mode of payment will not be accepted.
Recruitment Fee Stamps should be pasted on the application form in the space earmarked for the purpose and got cancelled from the Counter of Post Office of issue with the date stamp of the Issuing Post Office in such a manner that the impression or the cancellation stamp partially overflows on the Application Form itself, taking care at the same time that the impression is clear and distinct to facilitate the identification of date and Post Office of issue at any subsequent stage.
How to Apply?
- Online Mode: The interested candidates can apply through the prescribed format of application/ through ONLINE mode as available at the website of the SSC at http://ssconline.nic.in and http://ssconline2.gov.in
- Offline Mode: The applications need to be typed on a good quality A4 size paper for Offline Application (Prescribed Format Only).
- Offline Application completed in all respect and attached with all valid copies of education and age proofs along with the CRFS/ Net Banking (for Online Mode) and a stamped self-addressed envelope must be sent to the Regional Director at the address mentioned in the detailed advertisement.
- The envelope containing the Offline Application must be super scribed in bold letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ________________________ ADVERTISED VIDE ADVT. NO.__________________”
- Address to send the completed Application are varied as per the nature of job positions. Candidates are advised to visit the official advertisement link shared below for knowing detailed address to send completed application form.
- A candidate must submit his/ her application only to the concerned Regional/ Sub Regional Office of the Commission under whose jurisdiction the Centre selected by him/ her falls. Application received in any other Regional/ Sub Regional Office of the Commission will be rejected summarily.
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be following the following procedure:
- Written Exam (Objective Type- Multiple choice questions) of 200 Marks of Two Hours Duration [2 Hours 40 Minute, in case Visually Handicapped/ Cerebral Palsy candidates]
- Typing/ Data Entry Speed Test
- Personal Interview
- Final Medical Examination
Syllabus for Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) for Data Entry Operators and LDCs Examination, 2014
Selection of eligible candidates will comprise of written test followed by skill test meant for Data Entry Operators and typing test meant for LDCs. Written test is comprised of four different sections carrying 50 marks each. Total duration of completing paper would be 2 hours. These four sections will include:
For Skill Test candidates should possess a typing speed of 8,000 Key Depressions per hour on Computer in order to appear eligible. Similarly for Typing Test candidates of English medium must have 10500 key depressions per hour while Hindi medium candidates have 9000 key depressions per hour.
Negative marking of 0.25 marks shall be done as penalty for each wrong answer.
Candidates are STRONGLY suggested to refer to official advertisement here SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam 2014 Notification to get the detail information, before applying the same.