Staff Selection Commission is set up by Government of India to support the competent selection of candidates for various profiles of Government jobs in India. Segregated over regional distributions, SSC is now functionally operating through its regional offices and from the headquarters in Delhi.
With the recent announcement from the SSC-Karnataka-Kerala (SSC-KKR) Region, there are a few vacancies intimated through the SSC for filling up various government positions in Mysore and Cochin through competent selection. All of these posts will be filled under All India Service Liability (AISL).
The details of the recruitment procedure are as follows:
- Date of publication of the Advertisement: 03-May-2014
- Closing date for receipt of Applications: 30-May-2014 till 5:00 PM
Category-wise details of the posts:
Category No. 1/BG: Assistant Epigraphist (Dravidian Inscriptions) in ASI, Mysore under Ministry of Culture
- Number of vacancies: 01 (UR) (Suitable for PWD-OH)
- Pay band: Rs.9300-Rs.34800 with Grade Pay of Rs.4200 and other allowances (as in Group B Non-Gazetted Posts)
- Qualification: The candidate must have Master’s Degree in Tamil/ Malayalam/ Telugu/ Kannada with Ancient Indian History as a subject at Bachelor’s degree level OR, Master’s Degree in History with Ancient Indian History as a subject and Tamil/ Malayalam/ Telugu/ Kannada as one of the subjects at Bachelor’s degree level.
- Desirable: Post graduate Diploma in Archaeology / Epigraphy from the Institute of Archaeology, Archaeological Survey of India or from a recognized university or equivalent is desirable for these positions.
- Age Specification: The applicant should not exceed 30 years as on the last date of submission of Application. The upper age will be further relaxed as per the norms of the Government.
Category No. 2/BG: Scientific Assistant in the Directorate of Plant Protection Quarantine and Storage at Mangalore, Cochin, Ernakulum with AISL
- Number of vacancies: 05 Posts (UR-03, SC-02 & not suitable for PWD candidates)
- Pay band: Rs.5200-Rs.20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.2800 and other allowances (as in Group C non-Gazetted Posts)
- Qualification: The candidate must have completed B.Sc. with Botany or Zoology OR B.Sc. in Agriculture.
- Age Specification: The applicant must be within 18-25 years of age as on the last date of submission of Application. The upper age will be relaxed for 5 years for SC and up to 40 years for departmental candidates and Central Govt. employees.
Reservation & Relaxation Rules:
- The reservation for identified categories is applicable as per rules of the Central Government. This will include reservation for SC, ST, OBC, and PWDs.
- The relaxation in upper age limit is also applicable as per the government norms
- Unreserved (General) & OBC: Rs. 50 only
- Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, PWD, Women & Ex-Servicemen: Fees exempted
- The fee can be deposited through the Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS) only. Any other mode of payment will not be accepted.
- The candidates will be selected on the minimum prescribed qualifications and they will be shortlisted on the basis of their educational qualifications, academic records, percentage of marks etc, or through a screening test at the discretion of the Commission.
- Candidates, thus, selected may be required to undergo a Written Proficiency Test wherever applicable/required or considered necessary by the Commission.
How to Apply?
- The interested candidates can apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the website of the SSC at http://ssckkr.kar.nic.in/ or at http://ssckkr.kar.nic.in//ENGLISH%20VERSION%20OF%20ADVERTISEMENT.pdf
- The applications need to be typed on a good quality A4 size paper
- Application completed in all respect and attached with all valid copies of education and age proofs along with the CRFS and a stamped self-addressed envelope must be sent to the Regional Director at the address mentioned below so as to reach by 30-May-2014
- The applicants should attach Two self-addressed envelopes of 12 cms x 25 cms size, one of which should be affixed with postage stamps worth Rs.6/-.
- The applicant should paste one recent passport size photograph on the application form.
- The envelope containing the application must be super scribed in bold letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ………………………………………. ADVERTISED VIDE CATEGORY NO………………………………….. OF ADVT. NO. KKR-01/2014”
- Address to send the completed Application:
The Regional Director (KKR)
Staff Selection Commission
1st Floor, ‘E’ Wing, Kendriya Sadan
Koramangala, Bangalore – 560 034
- Any discrepancy or improper information may cancel the candidature
- Canvassing in any form will be treated as a serious offense and will be dealt seriously.