TMB is one of the strongest scheduled commercial banks from South India. It has one of the strongest financial positions and it boasts of a very high CAR as per Basel II norms and also having a consistently growing track record as visible in the numbers below.
The bank had achieved a turnover of Rs. 12088 Crores in foreign exchange for the year ended March 2012. In terms of Forex turnover, this bank ranks first among the Tamilnadu based private sector banks. The bank is known for its quick and efficient service in this segment. With a view to provide enhanced facilities to the bank’s customers the Foreign Exchange Department which was functioning at Tuticorin has been shifted to Chennai as International Banking Division.
With the recent notification this bank is inviting applications for the Positions of Clerks in its various branches based in Delhi, Gujarat & Maharashtra:
Name of the vacancies notified: Clerks
Important dates to reckon:
- Starting date for online e-registration: 18-June-2013
- Closing date for Online e-registration: 30-June-2013
- Last date for sending hard copy of e-application: within 5 Days of completing e-registration but not later than 05-July-2013
Selected candidates will be placed at a Branch / Office of the Bank anywhere in India on Probation for a period of one year. They will be fixed in the pay scale of INR 7200 – INR 20100 with applicable DA.
The emoluments during the period of probation will be approximately is INR 15620 per month.
- The candidate must have a Graduation (Arts, Commerce & Science) other than Engineering category with minimum of 55% marks or a Post Graduate, from a in regular college course with knowledge in Computer Operations.
- An Engineering Graduate with 60% marks in regular college course with knowledge in Computer Operations.
The candidate must not cross 24 years (for Graduates) and 26 years (for Post Graduates) as on 31-March-2013. However there will be relaxation in upper age limit as per rules for SC, ST, PWD candidates.
The applicants will have to pay a fee of Rs. 300.00 (Rs. 150.00 for SC / ST Candidates) by way of crossed demand draft drawn in favor of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd. Payable at Thoothukudi / Tuticorin or Tirunelveli.
The candidates should appear for an ONLINE Objective Type Examination to be held at various centers. The date, Time and Venue of Online Test will be communicated to the eligible candidates individually by post. After evaluation, on the basis of the Online Test, candidates will be short listed for a personal interview in the order of merit.
How to apply:
- The candidates can apply online through the web portal of bank at http://career.tmb.in/
- The applicant need to submit online after remitting requisite fees and must retain the hard copy to send that by post to the address mentioned below
- The hard copy must reach the following address before 5 days from the last date of registering online (5-July-2013)
- The applicant must sign at appropriate spaces and must fix his recent PP size photograph at the space provided
- The envelope containing application form must be super-scribed as “Application for Recruitment of Clerks 2013 ………………..(AREA)” in bold and capital letters.
- Only applicants who are natives of concerned state are eligible to apply for the positions. For Example natives of Delhi can only apply for jobs in Delhi and so for Gujarat and Maharashtra.
- Incomplete or wrong information may lead to disqualification of the candidate
Address to send the completed application:
The General Manager
Human Resources Development Department
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd.
Head Office, # 57, V. E. Road
Thoothukudi – 628 002