With the present requirement for induction of Junior Assistants as Vidyut Sahayak in the UGVCL, this versatile company invites the applicants to apply for the job positions through ONLINE mode only.
The details of the vacancies are as under:
Name of the Positions and Number of vacancies:
- Vidyut Sahayak (Junior Assistant): 55 vacancies for the year 2013-14 (UR-30, SEBC-17, SC-01, ST-05 & PH-02)
Uttar Gujarat Vij Company Limited (UGVCL) has been formed as a part of Power Reform Process in the state of Gujarat with the decentralization of Gujarat Electricity Board (GEB). Uttar Gujarat Vij Company Limited (UGVCL) is a subsidiary of GUVNL (erstwhile GEB), an ISO-9001:2008 Company and recipient of National Gold Shield for its excellent performance in power distribution during 2010-11. The GUVNL is having consumer-base of more than 25 Lacs, and annual turnover of Rs. 4,500 Crores. With total manpower strength of more than 7500, GUVNL is responsible for generation, distribution and transmission of Electricity in the state of Gujarat and to other power grids across the country.
Nature of Posts:
The selected Junior Assistant (Vidyut Sahayak) shall be appointed initially for a period of 3 years and may be considered for appointment to the post of Junior Assistant on regular establishment subject to satisfactory completion of 3 years of Lock-In Period.
Most important Dates:
- Starting date of Online Registration of Application: 02-Sept-2013 0000 Hours
- Last date for Online Registration of Application: 30-Sept-2013 2400 Hours
- Last date for accepting hard copy of Application by Registered Post/ RAPD: 15-Oct-2013
Pay scale and Remunerations (fixed):
- 1st Year: Rs.6500 per month
- 2nd year: Rs.7250 per month
- 3rd Year: Rs.8000 per month
- On successful completion of 3 years of service, the candidates may be appointed as Junior Assistant in the regular cadre in the Scale of Pay of Rs.9700 – Rs.21710 and other perks as applicable.
The applicant must not have crossed maximum age of 25 years of age as on 02-Sept-2013. However, upper age for reserved category of applicants will be relaxable as per norms.
- The applicant must be a Graduate Degree holder in B.A, B.Com, B.Sc, B.B.A, B.C.A with at least 55% (50% for SC, ST, OBC) marks as aggregate in final year exam.
- Knowledge of Gujarati, English language and Computer Operations is essential for candidates.
- The selection process involves Written Test and Interview.
- There will be 0.25 negative mark for each wrong answer in the Written Examination
Application Fee (non-refundable):
- For SC/ST candidates: Rs.250
- For others: Rs.500
- The fees can be paid through Demand Draft from any Nationalized or Scheduled Commercial Bank in favor of “UGVCL, MEHSANA” and payable at MEHSANA. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
How to Apply:
- The interested candidates can apply online only through the website of UGVCL at http://www.ugvcl.com/
- The applicants should ensure that they have chosen the correct post and filled-in the right information.
- After online submission of Application, the applicants need to take the printout of the hard copy and attach all essential photocopies of the documents and fee deposit Demand Draft with that and send that to the following address by REGISTERED POST/ RAPD only so as to reach before 10-Oct-2013
- The applications completed in all respect must be enclosed in an envelope and super-scribed as “Application for the post of Junior Assistant (Vidyut Sahayak)”
The address to send the completed application form:
The Addl. General Manager (HR)
Uttar Gujarat Vij Company Limited
Register & Corporate Office
Visnagar Road, Mehsana– 384 001
One must refer to official advertisement here.