Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) has been entrusted with the responsibility for recruitment of various government and government controlled organizations in the state of Uttarakhand. This is fostering a significant role in selecting competent individuals for various profiles with a smart recruitment criteria.
With its recent recruitment notification, the UKPSC has announced conduction of Preliminary Joint Recruitment Examination for various profiles of officers in State Civil Service through an open and competitive examination. These posts will cater to various vacancies in different departments under the state government.
The details of the job positions with the minimum basic eligibility criteria is detailed as under:
- Starting date of Online Submission of Application Form: 04-Sept-2014
- Final date for Online Submission of Application Form: 24-Sept-2014 till 11:59 PM
- Final date for Submission of Application Fees: 27-Sept-2014
- Date of Preliminary Written Examination: 30-Nov-2014
Name and Number of the vacancies: Total 237 Posts
- Deputy Collector (Uttarakhand Civil Service): 16 Posts (UR-11, SC-03, ST-00, OBC-02)
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (Uttarakhand Police Service): 21 Posts (UR-13, SC-05, ST-00, OBC-03)
- Agricultural Service Grade-II (Sec-B, Development Wing): 05 Posts (UR-02, SC-02, ST-00, OBC-01)
- Agricultural Service Grade-II (Sec-C, Botanical Conservation Wing): 02 Posts (SC-01, OBC-01)
- Agricultural Service Grade-II (Sec-C, Chemical Wing): 02 Posts (UR-01, SC-01)
- Agricultural Service Grade-II (Sec-C, Statistical Wing): 02 Posts (UR-01, SC-01)
- Agricultural Service Grade-II (Sec-D, Engineering Wing): 01 Posts (OBC)
- District Social Welfare Officer (DSWO): 06 Posts (UR-03, SC-02, OBC-01)
- Assistant Commissioner (Sugarcane): 02 Posts (UR-01, SC-01)
- Public Relation Officer/ Advertising Officer (Sugarcane Department): 01 Post (UR)
- Asst. Divisional Transport Officer: 05 Posts (UR-04, SC-01)
- District Panchayatiraj Officer (DPO): 06 Posts (UR-04, SC-01, OBC-01)
- Block Development Officer (BDO): 32 Posts (UR-21, SC-05, ST-02, OBC-04)
- Finance Officer (Finance Dept.): 23 Posts (UR-15, SC-05, ST-01, OBC-02)
- Asst. Labor Commissioner: 03 Posts (UR-01, SC-01, OBC-01)
- Assistant Director (Sanskrit Education): 06 Posts (UR-04, SC-01, OBC-01)
- District Tourism Development Officer: 09 Posts (UR-06, SC-02, OBC-01)
- Public Relation Officer/ Advertising Officer (Culture, Tourism & Sports Dept): 02 Posts (UR-01, SC-01)
- Dist. Savings Officer: 01 Post (UR)
- Assistant Registrar (Finance Dept): 19 Posts (UR-11, SC-04, ST-01, OBC-03)
- Information Officer/ Dist. Information Officer: 11 Posts (UR-08, SC-01, ST-00, OBC-02)
- Road Tax Officer –I: 11 Posts (UR-07, SC-03, OBC-01)
- District Youth Welfare Office: 04 Posts (UR-02, SC-01, OBC-01)
- Child Development Project Office (CDPO): 39 Posts (UR-26, SC-08, ST-01, OBC-04)
- District (Public) Distribution Officer (Food & Public Distribution Dept): 02 Posts (UR-01, OBC-01)
- Regional Food Officer (Food & Public Distribution Dept): 05 Posts (UR-03, SC-01, OBC-01)
- Probation Officer: 01 Post (UR)
NOTE: The reservation rules will only be applicable for the original domiciles of Uttarakhand state only and for each post separate applications will be received from the candidates.
Pay Scale and Remuneration:
- For Post No.1 to Post No.18: The candidates selected for these positions will receive a remuneration in the scale of PB-III in the range of Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 with Grade Pay of Rs.5400 along with other allowances and perks as applicable.
- For Post No.19 to Post No.23: The candidates selected for these positions will receive a remuneration in the scale of PB-II in the range of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with Grade Pay of Rs.4600 along with other allowances and perks as applicable.
- For Post No.24 to Post No.27: The candidates selected for these positions will receive a remuneration in the scale of PB-II in the range of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with Grade Pay of Rs.4200 along with other allowances and perks as applicable.
Age (as on 01-Jul-2014):
- The applicant must not exceed 42 years of age as on 01-July-2014.
- For applicant must have attained minimum age of 21 years as on the scheduled date.
- However there is a relaxation in the upper age for the persons who are domiciles of Uttarakhand and belong to scheduled categories as per the State Govt. rules.
- The candidates interested for these posts must have completed Graduate Degree in concerned preferred discipline by the last date of receipt of application, to be considered eligible.
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement as available at http://ukpsc.gov.in/files/PCS-2012.pdf to determine the eligibility.
Physical Fitness Standards:
- The candidates need to be of minimum physical standard to be eligible to apply for the posts under various Department. Please refer to the detailed advertisement at http://ukpsc.gov.in/files/PCS-2012.pdf for knowing the exact requirements.
- For SC, ST Candidates from Uttarakhand: Rs.60
- For all others: Rs.150
- The candidates need to remit the above fees through a fee deposit challan as available for download during online submission of application, and should be deposited after 2 days of online submission of application in any branch of State Bank of India.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through the Online Application Form only as available from the website of Uttarakhand PSC at www.ukpsc.gov.in .
- The candidates need to read through the detailed Advertisement as available through the notification published at http://ukpsc.gov.in/files/PCS-2012.pdf before applying.
- The candidates have to upload their photograph and signature at appropriate spaces on the Online Application Form.
- One copy of application should be retained by the candidates for future reference.
- Candidates have to fill a separate application form for MAIN EXAMINATION as per the notice at a later date.