The University of Rajasthan is the oldest institution of higher learning in Rajasthan. It was established on the year of independence in 1947, as the University of Rajputana with the main objective of disseminating knowledge and catering to the needs of the students of Rajasthan. It had its jurisdiction over the entire state. In the year 1956, the Rajputana University was renamed as the University of Rajasthan, keeping intact its jurisdiction. With the successive creation of other universities, its affiliating jurisdiction has come down, but it is still the hub of Higher Education in Rajasthan paving the way for the other universities. It attracts students from all over Rajasthan and other parts of India and abroad.
University of Rajasthan is a multi-faculty University and is recognized under U.G.C since its inception. It has 36 Post Graduate Departments, 15 recognized Research Centres, 6 Constituent Colleges and 500 Affiliated Colleges spanning across 6 districts.
With its recent plan and announcement, the University opens an opportunity for young, enthusiastic and energetic individuals in various profiles of Non-Teaching posts. All these category of posts will be filled up through competent recruitment norms.
The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
- Date of publication of Advertisement Notification: 06-Jan-2014
- Starting date for online registration of application: 06-Jan-2014
- Last date for online submission of Application: 06-Feb-2014
- Date for submission of hardcopy of the Online Application: 08-Feb-2014
Name of the Position & Number of Vacancies:
- Manager (Guest House): 01 Post (UR)
- Stenographer (Gr-II-English): 06 Posts (UR-03, OBC-01, SC-01, ST-01)
- Junior Clerk: 94 Posts (UR-49, PWD-03, OBC-19, SC-15, ST-11)
- Manager (Guest House): The Candidates should have passed High School Certificate examination with Diploma in catering/ Sufficient exposure in a supervisory position in a reputed Hotel/ Restaurant.
- Stenographer (Gr-II-English): The Candidates should have passed Graduation in any discipline and should have shorthand speed 100 wpm in English and Typing Speed of 40 wpm in English.
- Junior Clerk: The Candidates should have passed Senior Secondary (10+2) and should have ‘O’ or higher level certification from DOEACC/ COPA/ DPCS (from NCVT)/ Diploma in Computer Science/ Diploma in Computer Application/ RSCIT/ Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering from a reputed institution.
- A candidate must have attained at least 18 years of age by 01-Jan-2014
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- Manager (Guest House): Pay Band-II with Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with Grade Pay of Rs.4800 along with other allowances and perks as applicable. Minimum salary is Rs.15000 per month.
- Stenographer (Gr-II-English): Pay Band-II with Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with Grade Pay of Rs.3600 along with other allowances and perks as applicable. Minimum salary is Rs.10000 per month.
- Junior Clerk: Pay Band-1 with Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.2400 along with other allowances and perks as applicable. Minimum salary is Rs.7900 per month.
- For SC/ST (from the state of Rajasthan only): Rs.500 (non-refundable)
- For all others: Rs.1000 (non-refundable)
- For PWD candidates: No Application fees
- Application fee shall be payable in the form of cash at any e-Mitra Kiosks/ CSCs or through Online Transfer/ Net Banking.
- No other mode of fee payment will be accepted by the candidates
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the positions will be selected on the basis of their credentials and through a Written Examination (If desired) followed by Skill Test and Interview for all these positions, as applicable.
- The final induction depend upon the consideration of University of Rajasthan Administration.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply online only through the website of University of Rajasthan on the career section at http://www.uniraj.ac.in/ or at http://www.univraj.gov/ from 06-Jan-2014 onwards.
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement at http://www.uniraj.ac.in/Recrt-2014/index.html prior to applying for these positions.
- The candidates should upload the scan copy of their recent passport size photograph, and signature at the space provided on the Online application during submission.
- After applying online, candidate is required to take a print out of the Application Form with unique registration number and send that to below mentioned address so as to reach by the last date prescribed (08-Feb-2014)
- The E-mail ID entered in the online application form must remain valid for at least next one year
- Address to send completed Application (hardcopy):
The Record Branch
Room No. 205, Sardar Patel Bhawan,
University of Rajasthan,