UPSC Recruitment 2014 For Combined Medical Service Examination For AMO, ADMO, & GDMO Positions
Union Public Service Commission is the apex authority mandated for performing recruitment examination for recruitment higher cadre (Group A & Group B) posts through competent selection. As the authority for drafting guidelines of selection of almost all profiles of senior central and State Government jobs, this organization bears a major responsibility in carrying out its responsibilities with gradual changing norms and stringent criteria for selection. UPSC, through its recruitment Notification No. 07/2014-CMS is inviting Online Recruitment Application (ORA) for Combined Medical Service Examination 2014.
The details of the vacancies and criteria for eligibility are as under:
Important dates to reckon for:
- Date of publication of Notification and starting date for submission of Online Application: 22-Mar-2014
- Last Date of submission of Online Application: 21-Apr-2014 till 23:59 Hours
Details of Posts and Number of vacancies:
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer (ADMO) in Indian Railways: 650 Posts
- Assistant Medical Officer (AMO) in Indian Ordnance Factory Health Service: Yet to be finalized
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Service: 150 Posts
- General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO-Gr-II) in East, North and South Delhi Municipal Corporation: 53 Posts
- General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO-Gr-II) in New Delhi Municipal Corporation: 22 Posts
NOTE: Reservation to the upcoming vacancies will be made as per the central government regulations for SC, ST, OBC and PWD candidates.
Pay Scale and Remuneration:
- The candidates selected for these positions will be eligible for a remuneration in the PB-II in the range of Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 with a Grade Pay of Rs.5400 (or as appropriate for various cadre of recruitment)
- Other allowances and perks will be allowed for the candidates as applicable.
- The candidates finally selected for these positions will also get time scale promotion as applicable.
- The applicants should not have crossed the max age of 32 years as on 1-Jan-2014 to be considered eligible to apply.
- However, there will be relaxation for SC, ST and other privileged category of candidates as per the rules of the government
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- The candidate must hold a final MBBS Degree of any of Universities of the Central or State Legislature in India or of any other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under or possess an equivalent qualification.
- The candidates who are awaiting their final results or yet to appear the final examination of MBBS can also apply for the examination provided they can submit the proof of passing the final examination by the time of submission of DAF (Detailed Application Form).
- The candidates who have not completed their compulsory internship can also apply for the posts provided they will only be selected for joining only after completion of internship
- All applicants (except Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or any of its associate banks by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- For SC, ST, Women, PH candidates: fees exempted
- For OBC the fees will be full and there is no relaxation in fees for OBC
- Pay by Cash mode will be deactivated 1 day before the final submission of application (by 20-Apr-2014)
Plan of Examination:
The Combined Medical Services Examination will consist of two successive stages:
- Combined Medical Services Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination
- Combined Medical Services Main Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above.
- Candidates completing the Preliminary Examination successfully will be allowed to appear in the main examination only.
How to Apply:
- Candidates must apply online through the website of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in . Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected
- The applicants are advised to submit a single application only
- The candidates should upload their recent passport size photographs and signature at appropriate spaces on the online application.
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application and keep that with them for future reference
- Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference.
- The details about this advertisement can also be obtained from the website of UPSC at http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2014/cms/CMSExam,2014
- It is strongly advised to apply well within the specified time to avoid last minute hassles.
- Any form of canvassing may lead to rejection of candidature.