UPSC Recruitment 2015 For Engineering Services Exam Through Advertisement No. 6/2015-ENGG
With its present announcement, the UPSC is in the process of selection of candidates through Engineering Service Examination – 2014. Through UPSC Examination Notification No. 06/2015-ENGG, UPSC is inviting Online Applications from Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics and Telecomm Engineers to join approximately 582 vacancies in Engineering Services in the Central Government.
The details of the vacancies and criteria for eligibility are as under:
Number of vacancies:
- The expected numbers of vacancies would be around 475 including 20 vacancies for PH candidates. Reservation to the upcoming vacancies will be made as per the central government regulations for SC, ST, OBC and PWD candidates.
Important dates to reckon for:
- Starting date of Online Submission of Application: 14-Mar-2015
- Last Date of Submission of Online Application: 10-Apr-2014 till 23:59 Hours
- Date of Engineering Service Exam: 12-June-2015
Details of List of Services to which the candidates will be subjected:
- Category-I: Civil Engineering
- Category-II: Mechanical Engineering
- Category-III: Electrical Engineering
- Category-IV: Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- The candidates should have attained minimum age of 21 years and should not have crossed the max age of 30 years as on 1-January-2015 to be considered eligible to apply.
- However, there will be relaxation for Scheduled (SC/ST) and other privileged category of candidates as per the rules of the government.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- A candidate must completed a Bachelors Degree in Engineering in the concerned disciplines of Engineering Studies, OR,
- A candidate should have completed Section-A and Section-B of the Examination conducted by Institute of Engineers (India), OR,
- A candidate should have completed Degree/Diploma from a foreign University which is recognized by Indian Government, OR,
- A candidate should have passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecomm Engineers (India), OR,
- A candidate should have passed Associate Membership Exam Part-II/Part-III (Section A & B) from the Aeronautical Society of India, OR,
- A candidate should have passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers (London) after 1959, OR,
- A candidate should have completed MSc. Degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Radio Physics, Radio Engineering, Electronics as a special subject (only for Indian Naval Armament Service)
NOTE: The candidates applied for the examination and awaiting results may also apply for these examinations, provided they are able to prove their qualification by the time of filling up detailed application after the qualification in the preliminary examination.
- All applicants (except Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or any of its associate banks by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- For SC, ST, Women, PH candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Application who opt for “Pay by cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. Pay by Cash mode will be deactivated 1 day before the final submission of application (by 09-April-2015).
Plan of Examination:
- The Engineering Services Examination will consist of two successive stages:
- (i) Written examination will consist of Paper-I (Objective type Questionnaire) and Paper-II, which will be Subjective type. And,
- (ii) Personality Test which will carry 200 marks.
- The final selection will be based on the performance in these two examinations
How to Apply:
- Candidates must apply online through the website of UPSC at http://upsconline.nic.in, or http://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php.
- The applicants are advised to submit a single application only.
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application and keep that with them for future reference.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. No e-Admission Certificate will be sent by Post.
- Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference.
- The details about this advertisement can also be obtained from the website of UPSC.