Through UPSC Examination Notification No. 04/2015-IES/ISS, UPSC is inviting Online Recruitment Applications (ORA) from eligible candidates to join in the Central Govt under Indian Economics Service and Indian Statistical Service.
The details of the vacancies and criteria for eligibility are as under:
Important Dates to reckon for:
- Date of Publication of Advertisement: 21-February-2015
- Starting Date of Online Submission of Application: 21-February-2015
- Last Date of Submission of Online Application: 20-March-2015 till 23:59 Hours
- Last Date for Deposit of Fee by Cash Mode: 19-March-2015
- Last Date for Deposit of Fee through Online Mode: 20-March-2015
- Issue of e-Admit card: 3 weeks before Commencement of Examination
- Date for determination of eligibility conditions: 23-May-2015
Number of vacancies:
- Indian Economics Service: 06 vacancies
- Indian Statistical Service: 55 vacancies
- Out of these 4 vacancies are reserved for PWD candidates.
- The applicants must be of at least 21 years and should not have crossed the max age of 30 years as on 1-August-2015 to be eligible to apply.
- However, there will be relaxation for Scheduled and other privileged category of candidates as per the rules of the government.
- Only date of birth as mentioned on the Matriculation Certificate / Birth certificate will be considered as proof of age.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- For Indian Economics Service: Candidate applying for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/ Business Economics/ Econometrics from a recognized University.
- For Indian Statistical Service: Candidate applying for the Indian Statistical Service must have obtained a Bachelors Degree with Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master’s degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics from a recognized University.
- The candidates who are awaiting their final results can also apply for the examination provided they can submit the proof of passing the final examination while applying separately in the Main Examination once selected from the Preliminary Examination.
- All applicants (except Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI/ its associate banks by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or any of its associate banks by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- For SC, ST, Women, PWD candidates: fees exempted
- For OBC the fees will be full and there is no relaxation in fees for OBC.
- For candidates whose fee details are not received from the bank, a list of them will be made available in the website of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in two weeks after the last date for submission of application. Such candidates have to submit the proof of fee payment within next 10 days or their candidature will be rejected.
Plan of Examination:
The IES/ISS Examination will consist of two successive stages:
(i) IES/ISS Preliminary Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination
(ii) IES/ISS Main Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above.
- Applications are now invited for the Preliminary Examination only.
- Candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Main Examination will have to apply online again, in the Detailed Application Form which would be made available them.
How to Apply:
- Candidates must apply online through the website – http://upsconline.nic.in.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application.
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application.
- For any clarifications, one can log into http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2015/IES_ISS/Notice_IES_ISS_Exam_2015_English.pdf.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. No e-Admission Certificate will be sent by Post.
- Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference.