Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UK PSC) has recently notified a re-advertisement for the earlier published advertisement for Assistant Professors in Physics with some revised acceptable norms. This change has came into effect after the implementation of Semester system in Post-Graduation subjects by the State Government of Uttarakhand. With this change of notification now all sub-specializations coming under the Post-Graduation in Physics are being considered as an eligibility norm for filling of 23 vacancies of Assistant Professors in Physics.
The details of the requirements and the eligibility conditions of application are as mentioned underneath:
Special Note: Those candidates who have already submitted their application for the previous advertisement as per the previously defined curriculum essentials, need not apply fresh for these posts. Newly eligible candidates with this revised notification can apply freshly for these vacancies against the advertised posts.
- Date of issue of public notification: 06-Sept-2013
- Date of closing of receipt of Application by UK PSC: 03-Oct-2013
- Dates for payment of Application Fees: In between 06-Sept-2013 and 03-Oct-2013 (both days inclusive)
- Date for determining the age: 01-July-2011
Details of vacancies: Assistant Professors: 23 Vacancies (10 posts reserved for SC, 01 post for ST, 02 posts for OBC and 10 Posts (including 01-PWD-HH) for Unreserved category from the state of Uttarakhand)
- The candidates should have obtained their Post-Graduation qualification with at least 55% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST) from any recognized institution/ university/ equivalent qualification from a foreign University.
- The candidates should have passed NET / SLET (for Lectureship) as conducted by UGC or similar stature state body
- For candidates having PhD Degree, the NET/ SLET (for Lectureship) qualification is not considered as mandatory option.
- Advantage: May be offered to candidates having NCC ‘B’ certificate, or 2 years experience in Territorial Army or having research experience in the above stream of study
Pay Scale: Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 with Grade Pay of Rs.6000 (in PB-3)
Age: 21-35 years. Relaxation in upper age is applicable for deserving categories
- Only natives of Uttarakhand will be eligible for relaxation in any respect
- For Unreserved and OBC: Rs.130
- For all others: Rs.90
NOTE: The applicants can pay this fees in shape of Demand Draft / Indian Postal Order in favor of “The Secretary, Uttarakhand PSC, Haridwar and payable at Haridwar”
The candidates are advised to write their name and address behind the application form and the IPO/ DD must be issued on a date after publication of this notification
How to apply:
- The candidates can apply in the prescribed application form as available on the website of Uttrarakhand PSC at www.ukpsc.gov.in
- The details of the requisite qualification and other essentials should be verified by the candidates through the detailed advertisement at http://ukpsc.gov.in/files/Degree_College_%28Phy%29_Advt..pdf
- All relevant columns should be filled in all respects. They should put their signature and paste their photographs at appropriate spaces.
- The candidates will not be allowed to change the information after submission of application form
- The candidates should super-scribe their application form containing envelope with the Advertisement Number .
- The application completed in all respect must reach the following address on or before the last date of receipt of application (i.e. 03-Oct-2013)
- Address to send completed application form:
Uttarakhand Public Service Commission
Gurukul Kangdi, Uttarakhand – 249404