Around 135000 students are studying in the Vellore Institute of Technology campus which in itself shows the magnanimity and the popularity of the institutes and its various programs. When students seek to study in world renowned campuses and be a part of the engineering curriculum which is not only varied but also recognised, then they have to choose those institutes which give them the opportunity to grow and excel themselves.
With the VITEEE exam, the students of Tamilnadu and other states can dream of establishing themselves in their lives in good places and shall be recognised all world over. The exam allows the students to choose a course from among 13 engineering streams and 3 biological stream for which they shall need to have either mathematics or biology respectively. These engineering streams are what have made the VIT so much known among the Indian students and their recognition has further aided in their demand.
The VIT became the first institute in the country whose engineering degrees were accredited by IET and Energy Institute of UK apart from the national accreditations from NAAC, AICTE and other technical bodies.
Some of the individual courses such as electrical, mechanical, electronics and communication and computer sciences have been individual recognised by many foreign engineering bodies and authorities. It is therefore not a big surprise that the number of exam attendees is more than 2 lakhs every year.
The exam schedule and eligibility:
- The VITEEE exam is usually held in the month of April every year and therefore the aspirants need to be ready for the exam a few months before the finals and while they are studying in their 10+2 exam.
- This is also the eligibility criteria which they need to keep in mind which is the passing of 10+2 or 12th standard of any state board or national board.
- Although students still in these standards can be eligible to appear in the entrance exam of VITEEE, they shall be granted admission only if they pass in their qualifying exam.
- The subject choices should also be looked at because physics and chemistry are mandatory for every stream while mathematics is required for those interested for engineering streams while the subject of biology is required for biological engineering streams.
- The age limit is also to be kept in mind or else the students cannot appear in the exam. The upper age limit for appearing in the VITEEE exam is fixed at 22, which means that the students above the age of 22 cannot appear in the test.
- Although there are certain relaxations for the reserved category candidates in both age limits and marks acquired in qualifying exams, the competition is quite high for people in the general categories.
Students who are interested for engineering subjects in their careers and want to be successful in life in their chosen streams, then one of the best ways to be so is through the good ranks in VITEEE exam. This is an exam for one of the prestigious institutes of the country, and therefore, the demand is at it s zenith. Many students are coming up, who want to appear in the exam and be at the top of their careers and the way for them goes through Vellore Institute of Technology.