Operating under the Ministry of Home Affairs, the West Bengal Police is one of the most efficient Police forces of the country. With its recent notification, the WB Police is inviting application for recruitment to the posts Lady Constables for 2013.
The details of the vacancies and the recruitment profiles are mentioned as under:
Advt. No: No. 1024-PL/PB/3P-14/11
Name of the Positions: Lady Constable under the Police Department of Government of West Bengal
Number of Positions: 2940 posts (Reservation for SC, ST, OBC and other castes will be applicable as per norms of the State Government)
- Starting date of availability of application form: 22-April-2013
- Last date for availability of application form: 22-May-2013
- Last date for receipt of Completed Application form: 23-May-2013
- The candidates selected for the post of Lady Constable will receive a remuneration in the scale of Rs.5400-Rs.25200 (under Pay Band-2) with Grade Pay Rs.2600 along with other admissible allowances.
The candidates must have a passed Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or equivalent examination from any Board recognized by the State Government or the Central Government.
- The applicants must have attained a min age of 18 and max age of 27 years as on 1-Jan-2013
However, there will be age relaxation in upper age limits for SC/ ST and other privileged candidates as per State Government Rules
- For Female Candidates: Height-1.60 mtrs, Weight- proportionate height as per Health Manual
- For Hilly Area Female candidates: There will be appropriate consideration of the physical standard as per WB Police Rules
Mode of Selection:
The candidates will be selected on the basis of the following before the Range Recruitment Board.
- Verification of the document submitted
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
- Final Written Examination & Interview
- For SC/ST candidates of West Bengal state: Fees are exempted
- For all others: Rs.150 (through Crossed Account Payee Demand Draft/ Indian Postal Order)
- DD should be made on any nationalized bank payable at Kolkata and IPO should be payable at GPO Kolkata
- It is to be noted that Treasury Challan / Money Orders / Cheques / Cash will not be accepted.
Mode of Application and How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply in the prescribed format
- Application Form will be issued to the candidates on production of Bank Draft / Postal Order of Rs. 150/- (One hundred fifty only) or Caste Certificate (for the candidates from Schedule Tribe / Scheduled Caste Community of West Bengal only).
- The application forms can be collected in person from the following offices from 10 AM to 5PM
- The applications will be available from 22-April-2013 onwards at
- Offices of all District Superintendents of Police (all districts)
- Office of the Commissioner of Police (except Kolkata)
- The candidate need to take their caste certificates/ photo ID card to collect applications
- The envelope containing the completed application must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF LADY CONSTABLE IN WEST BENGAL POLICE – 2013”
Where to send the Completed Application Form:
All applications properly filled up must reach the below mentioned address before the scheduled date (i.e. 23-May-2013):
West Bengal Police Recruitment Board
Araksha Bhavan (PCC), Sector-II
Block-DJ, Salt Lake City
Candidates may visit West Bengal Police website (http://policewb.gov.in ) for ascertaining developments of recruitment process from time to time.