The Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the West Bengal Legal Service Examination 2014 in accordance with the existing rules for recruitment to the posts in West Bengal Legal Service. Candidate should verify from the notified rules that he/ she is eligible for admission to the examination prior to submitting his/ her application.
- Commencement of Submission of Online Application: 27-April-2015
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 18-May-2015
- Last Date for Submission of Fee: 20-May-2015
- Dates of Written Examination: During First Week of August-2015
Tentative Number of Vacancies: 40 Posts (Unreserved- 21, BC Category A- 04, BC Category B- 03, SC- 09, ST- 02, PWD- 01)
Pay Scale and Remunerations: The selected candidates will be eligible for a Pay scale of Rs.15600-Rs.42000/- with Grade Pay of Rs.5400/- along with permissible allowances and perks.
Academics: An applicant must have a degree in Law from any recognized University or Institution. Candidates must have the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required in the case of Nepali speaking candidates of the three Hill Sub-divisions of Darjeeling District, viz., Darjeeling Sadar, Kalimpong and Kurseong).
Age: Minimum age of 23 years and Maximum age of 35 years as on 01-January-2015. Relaxation in upper age limit will be as per rules for SC, ST, BC and PWD categories from West Bengal. SC, ST and BC candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as General candidates.
Center For Written Examination: Kolkata
Application Fee: Rs.210/-
Rs.210/- + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of Rs.5/- for online payment through debit/credit card plus 12.36% of service charge as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of Rs.5/- (Rupees Five) only for Net Banking or Service Charge of Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty) only for payment through Bank Counter (off-line payment).
SC/ ST candidates of West Bengal, and Persons with disabilities (PWD) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee.
- The selection will be on the basis of performance in the examination conducted in two phases
- Phase – I : Written examination
- Phase-II: Personal Interview
- Pre-recruitment Medical Examination: Candidates who will be selected for appointment will be required to appear before a Medical Board for certificates of their fitness for Government service in the form prescribed for the purpose.
How to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates are suggested to apply online only through official website of West Bengal Public Service Commission, www.pscwbonline.gov.in
For more detail on this recruitment, please refer to official recruitment advertisement, from Public Service Commission West Bengal, here, West Bengal Legal Service Exam 2014 Notification.