JOIN ARMED FORCES MEDICAL SERVICES AS SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (SSC) OFFICER
REGISTRATION FOR ON LINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 22 JUNE 2019 AND WILL CLOSE ON 21-JULY-2019
Place of Interview: DELHI
Venue- Army Hospital (R&R), Delhi Cantt
Tentative Dates of Interview- 30 Jul 2019 on-wards
Call Letters for Interview– The call letter for interview shall be made available online only after successful registration by the candidate.
Indian Army Recruitment 2019 For Short Service Commission Officer For Army Medical Corps- With the recent notification from Indian Army, the online applications are being invited from male and female candidates, who have an ambition for joining Indian Army as a Commissioned Officer through Short Service Commission for entry in Army Medical Corps.
Candidates must have passed their final MBBS (Part-I & II) examination in first or second attempt and completed internship for grant of Short Service Commission in the Armed Forces Medical Services.
Name of the Course: SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION in Army Medical Corps [Total Number of Vacancies: 150]
Selection Procedure: The selection will be based on a two stage selection modality with the Service Selection Board: Eligible candidates will be called for interview by a Board of Officers, tentatively from 05 Mar 2018 to 16 Mar 2018 at MUMBAI to assess their suitability and merit for grant of Short Service Commission in the Armed Forces Medical Services. The Interview will consist of Personality Test, followed by Medical Board Examination. With appropriate criteria for selection in Army Medical Corps, there will be announcement of Merit List.
Starting Date for Online Registration of Application: 22 JUNE 2019
Closing Date for Online Registration of Application: 21-JULY-2019
Norms of Eligibility:
Age: The candidate must not have attained more than 45 years of age as on 31-December-2019 to be eligible for consideration.
Educational Standards: The applicants must possess a medical qualification included in First or Second Schedule or Part II of the Third Schedule of Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- Post-Graduate Degree/ Diploma holders such as MD/ MS/ MCH/ DM/ DNB/ DLO/ DOMS/ DA may also apply for these positions.
- Candidate must have passed the qualifying examination with compulsory internship to be eligible to apply. Only those candidates who have completed/completing their internship on or before 30-JUNE-2019 need to apply.
- The applicant must have permanent registration from any State Medical Council/ Medical Council of India.
Physical Fitness Standard and Physical Efficiency:
- Every candidate on being qualified in interview will be produced before a duly constituted Medical Board by DGAFMS for examining his or her medical fitness as per laid down standards.
- However, candidates declared unfit by the Special Medical Board (SMB) will be intimated by the President of the Special Medical Board for the next the procedure for requesting for Appeal Medical Board (AMB).
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to undergo a preliminary medical check-up for wax in ears, DNS, defective colour vision, over weight/under weight, piles, gynaecomastia, tonsillitis and varicocele before reporting for the SSC interview
- The physical fitness will follow the norms of Indian Army as per service codes as detailed on the Army Medical Corps Website at www.amcsscentry.gov.in
Grant of Commission: The candidates will be granted Commission in the rank of Captain after completion of their training Period. The tenure of SSC officers (freshly appointed) is of 05 years, extendable by another 09 years in two spells first of 05 years and second of 04 years, for those who are willing to continue, subject to availability of vacancies and meeting the laid down eligibility criteria for grant of extension as per extant policy. Candidates already released from AMC service on resignation/ premature retirement will not be considered for commission in AMC. For AMC officers completing their first 5 years of SSC will be allowed extension of next 5 years and that for the Officers completing 10 years of Short Service Commission, will not be allowed to join for the 3rd term of 4 years.
Tenure of engagement: All officers granted commission would serve the Indian Army for a period of five years from the date of conferment of commission subject to fulfillment of other conditions. The period of five years may further be extended for another five years and then to another 4 years (total 14 years) subject to their performance review and appraisal.
Pay Packages and CTC: Doctors on commissioning in the Armed Forces Medical Services before completing internship will be granted the rank of Lt (or equivalent rank in Navy/Air Force) in level 10 of Defence Pay Matrix. Pay Scale at the time of joining will be approximately Rs. 93000/- pm.
Doctors on commissioning in the Armed Forces Medical Services after completing internship will be granted the rank of Capt (or equivalent rank in Navy/Air Force) in 10B level of Defence Pay Matrix. Pay Scale at the time of joining will be approximately Rs. 97000/- pm.
Application Fee: Rs.200/-
Applicants are suggested to pay the application fee at the end of the application submission through online payment (internet banking/ credit card/ debit card).
How to Apply: Apply Online Interested candidates who fulfill the minimum basic eligibility criteria are required to apply through ONLINE mode only as available at the website of Indian Army Medical Corps at www.amcsscentry.gov.in
The candidates need to ensure that they fill up complete details and upload their photographs before final submission of their application forms. The candidates need to ensure that they fulfill all condition of eligibility as defined at the detailed advertisement at AMCSSCENTRY JOIN Army Medical CORPS 2019 SSC Officers Recruitment Place of Interview DELHI 2019