Indian Army Recruitment 2018 For Short Service Commission (Technical) For 51ST Batch Male And 22ND Batch Female Candidates
With the recent notification from Indian Army, the applications are being invited from young and enthusiastic candidates from married/ unmarried male and unmarried female candidates having a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or are studying in the final year examination of Engineering course; and who have an inclination for joining Indian Army as a Commissioned Officer through Short Service Commission for Technical Entry.
Name of the Course:
Short Service Commission (Men): 51ST Batch Technical
Short Service Commission (Women): 22ND Batch Technical
Course Starting Date: October, 2018
Starting date of Online Registration of Application: 17-January-2018
Final date for Online Registration of Application: 15-February-2018
Number of vacancies (Discipline-wise):
Total 191 Posts [175 for Men (SSC(T)-51Men) + 14 for Women(SSCW(T)-22Women + 02 Posts of SSCW (Non-Tech)]
- Civil Engineering (Civil Structural Construction) & Structural Engineering: 49 Vacancies for Men and 04 Vacancies for Women
- Mechanical Engineering: 16 Vacancies for Men and 03 Vacancies for Women
- Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering: 22 Vacancies for Men and 02 Vacancies for Women
- Aeronautical/Aerospace/Avionics Engineering: 12 Vacancies for Men
- Computer Sc & Engg/Computer Technology/Info Tech / M.Sc Computer Sc: 31 Vacancies for Men, and 03 Vacancies for Women
- Electronics & Telecom/ Telecommunication/ Electronics & Communication/ Satellite Communication Engineering: 28 Vacancies for Men and 02 Vacancies for Women
- Electronics/ Opto-Electronics/ Fibre Optics/ Micro Electronics & Microwave: 11 Vacancies for Men
- Architecture & Building Construction: 03 Vacancies for Men
- Production: 03 Vacancies for Men
For Widows of Defence Personnel – Vacancies – 02 Posts
- SSC W (Non Tech) for Graduate in any discipline – 01 Post under Non UPSC Entry
- SSC W (Tech) – 01 Post Technical Entry
Norms of Eligibility:
Educational Standards For Engineering Graduates: The candidates (both Men & Women) studying in the Final Year of Engineering Degree (in respective disciplines) and who are qualified graduates of the Degree Course in Engineering (in respective disciplines) will be eligible to apply.
The candidates studying in the final year of Degree Course should be able to produce the Engineering Degree on 01-October-2018.
Age Limits- The candidate must be within 20-27 years of age as on 01-October-2018. Candidates should not have born earlier than 02-October-1991 and not later than 01-October-1998 (both these days are included for consideration).
For Widows of Defence Personnel- Maximum 0f 35 years of age as on 01-October-2018.
Training: Total Training duration will be of 49 weeks at Officers Training Academy, Chennai (OTA). On successful completion of which Candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lieutenant. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at OTA. Engineering Graduates will be granted Short Service Commission (on probation) and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lieutenant during training period. The final allocation of Arms/ Services will be made prior to passing out of Gentleman Cadets from OTA.
Grant of Commission: Short Service Commission will be allowed to Officers (Male and Female) in the regular Army for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of 04 years. Male officers may be granted permanent Commission after completion of 10 years of service. Female officers will not be entitled for extension beyond 14 years of SSC. One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted on confirmation of Short Service Commission.
Selection Procedure: The selection will be based on the following testing of eligibility:
- Short listing of Candidature
- Service Selection Board (Interview/ Group Task/ Personality Test, etc.)
- Medical Board Examination
- Announcement of Merit List
How to Apply: Interested candidates can apply through the prescribed application form as available at the website of Indian Army at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
The candidates are advised to read through the detailed notification at Indian-Army-Recruitment-51st-SSC-Technical-Men-22nd-SSC-Technical-Women-Batch-Oct-2018, before applying online.