Indian Coast Guard invites application from eligible male candidates having three year Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronic for the post of Yantrik in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union. The basic training will commence in August 2015 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training.
(3-Year Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics Diploma Holders – 02/2015 Batch)
Important Dates and Website:
- Date of starting of acceptance of Online Application: 01-March-2015
- Date of Closing of receipt of Online Application: 09-March-2015
- Availability of Admit Card: 20-March-2015 on-wards
- Tentative Dates for Test: March/ April 2015
- Declaration of All India select List of Candidates: July, 2015
Positions Advertised For: Yantrik (Technical Diploma Holders)
- Yantrik Technical (Mechanical)
- Yantrik Technical (Electrical)
- Yantrik Technical (Electronics)
- Minimum 18 years and Maximum 22 years
- All Applicants must have been born in between 01-Aug-1993 to 31-Jul-1997. There will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates as per the rules.
The applicants must have passed matriculation examination, and have completed 3 years full time Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics Engineering with minimum of 60% (55% for SC/ ST category candidates) of marks to be eligible to apply.
Pay Scale Provisions:
- The applicants who will be selected as Yantriks will be offered pay scale Rs. 5200-20200/- plus Grade Pay Rs. 2400/-, plus Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and other liberal allowances as admissible.
The candidates who will be selected as Yantriks can receive promotion till the level of Pradhan Sahayak Yantrik with a grade pay of Rs.9300-Rs.34800 plus Grade pay of Rs.4800/-
The basic training will commence in Aug 2015 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training.
Mode of Selection:
- The applicants will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Written Test, GD/ Personal Interview, and Medical Examination.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT), Interview and Medical Examination (Preliminary) may take 2-3 days and after clearing this round a final merit list will be prepared for candidates.
- The candidates have to undergo a final Medial Examination to be inducted in the force.
Written Test/ Interview Venue:
- Mumbai Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (West), Worli Sea Face PO, Worli Colony ,Mumbai – 30
- Chennai Indian Coast Guard Store Depot, CG Complex,Near Kalmandapam Police Station, GM Pettai Road, Royapuram, Chennai -13
- Kolkata Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (North East), Synthesis Business Park, 6th floor Shrachi Building, New Town Rajarhat, Kolkata, WB -700 157
- Kochi Indian Coast Guard Dist HQs No-4, Kalvatty Road, Fort Kochi, Kochi, Kerala- 682 004
- Visakhapatnam Indian Coast Guard Enclave, Behind Port High School, Malkapuram, Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh-530 011
- Gandhi Nagar Coast Guard Region (NW), Udyog Bhawan, 7th Floor, Block No -12, Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat – 382 010
- Noida Indian Coast Guard Selection Board Noida, A-1, Sector-24, Opposite HCL Technologies, Dist Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida, UP-201 301
- Paradip Indian Coast Guard Dist. HQs No-7, Badapadia, Paradip Orissa – 754 142
How to Apply:
- The candidates need to apply ‘Online only’ in between the scheduled dates through the website of Coast Guard at www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
- E-mail address and mobile number are mandatory for getting updates regarding the selection process.
- Before clicking the ‘Submit’ button, it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form are correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after submitting the application.
- After submitting the form an acknowledgement with a Registration number will be provided to the candidate. The filled Application Form, with the number generated will be available to the candidate to save and take a print.
- After submitting online application, candidates are required to print two copies of the application with number generated by the system, that must duly signed with photograph are to be carried by the applicant to the recruitment centre.
- Any candidate who does not carry hard copy of application form along with requested certificates and credentials as 10th class mark sheet/ certificate, diploma certificate, caste certificate if applicable, games certificate if required, duly attested by the Gazetted Officer, at the time of Interview shall not be permitted to appear in the exam.
The filled Application Form, with the roll number, date and time of examination will be available for candidates here joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx after short listing of the online application.
For more detail on this recruitment such as relaxation in age limit, detail information on how to apply online, please refer to official advertisement here, Indian Coast Guard- Opportunity for Technical Diploma Holders To Join As Yantrik 02-2015 Batch.