With the recent initiative, The Indian Navy, is inviting applications for the course of Short Service Commission for Pilot/ Observer under the Executive Branch of Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala, which is scheduled to be commenced from January-2016. The details of the application procedure and eligibility criteria along with the selection modes are mentioned underneath:
Mode of Application: The applications will be received through Online Mode only through the official website of Indian Navy at nausena-bharti.nic.in
- An applicant must have passed BE/ B. Tech degree in any discipline (minimum 60% marks for Pilot entry, and 55% marks for Observer entry), and must have completed intermediate (10+2) with Physics and Mathematics.
- Observer: Both Male and Female candidates can apply.
- Pilots: Only Male candidates can apply.
- The candidates applying for this executive branch must achieve the minimum age of 19 years and maximum age of 24 years (Born in between 02-January-1991 to 01-January-1997)
- However, for the candidates, who are having CPL the maximum age limit is relaxable to one more year. (i.e. 19 – 25 years)
- Date of Commencement of Receipt of Online Application: 28-March-2015
- End Date for Online Registration of competent Application form: 18-April-2015
- Final Receipt of the Printout of the Online Application Form with All Documents at IHQ, MoD (Navy) : 28-April-2015
PABT (Pilots’ Aptitude and Battery Test):
- Those who have failed in PABT can apply for the posts of Observers, but not for the posts of Pilots.
- The candidates must possess the minimum specified Physical standard in order to get qualified for the Executive Branch of Short Service Commission.
- There will be no relaxation in the base defined medical/physical standards.
Tenure of Maximum Service:
- The officers get entry into Short Service Commission will not be offered Permanent Commission and will be granted SSC for an initial period of 10 years.
- However, the selected candidates may serve the Indian Navy for a maximum period of 14 years from the date of joining.
- Candidates entering into service in Indian Navy will not be allowed extension after a maximum service length of 14 years, neither they will be considered for Permanent Commission.
Salary, Emoluments and Pay Structure:
- The Officers selected through the course will be eligible to receive a salary including basic pay, grade pay plus allowances and other remunerations as per norms.
- The Grade of Pay for Sub. Lieutenant will be in the order of PB-3 and that for the maximum rank of Commander will be in the order of PB-4.
- The CTC for the Sub. Lieutenant will be around Rs. 87600 per month.
- The short-listed candidates will be directly called for the SSB interviews sometime in between June 2015 to August 2015 at Bangalore.
- The short-listing will be done considering all eligibility factors and no communication in this regard will be entertained.
- The total duration of SSB interview will be of five days including Stage-I and II
- The candidates will be selected on a merit performance basis considering their SSB Score, PABT results (for Pilots) and on Aviation Medical Examination.
- Male candidates who have BE/BTech, and who not cleared PABT / Aviation Medical Test may be offered Short Service Commission (General Duty) at the discretion of Integrated HQ, MoD (Navy).
How to Apply:
- The applications are received online only and any other form of hand-filled application will therefore be rejected.
- For filling up of Online Application, the candidates are requested to log in to the portal of Indian Navy at //www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
- The candidates are requested to fill in all requisite details with acute accuracy and with precision.
- All the information provided in the application form should match the documentary evidence
- After filling in the application form the candidates are required to take two printout of their completed application form. One copy should be sent to the below mentioned address along with the other documentary evidence; and the other copy should be retained with the candidates as future reference.
Address for sending completed Application Form:
Post Box No. 02, Sarojini Nagar, New Delhi – 110 023
- Email ID is a mandatory requirement for Online Application
- The envelope containing the Print copy of the Online application form along with other essential copy of supporting documents should be marked with “ONLINE APPLICATION NO. _______ APPLICATION FOR SSC PILOT / OBSERVER – JANUARY 2016 COURSE QUALIFICATION ______ PERCENTAGE ___ % NCC ‘C’ Yes/No” in bold and Capital letters.