Updated on 12-March-2015
Joint CSIR UGC Test (21 June 2015) For Junior Research Fellowship And Eligibility for Lectureship Notification, Important Dates, Online Application Form
COUNCIL OF SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH (CSIR), A Human Resource Development Group Examination Unit, Notifies Joint CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) And Eligibility for Lectureship; and invites online applications from eligible and interested candidates.
The CSIR and UGC jointly hold the CSIR-UGC Test on June 21, 2015 for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science, as mentioned below;
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
The award of Junior Research Fellowship (NET) to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding admission/ placement in a university/ national laboratory/ institution of higher learning and research, as applicable.
Fellowship to successful candidates will be effective from January 01, 2016 with the validity period of 2 years for joining the fellowship under CSIR Scheme.
Date of Single MCQ Examination: June 21, 2015
- Opening Date for On-Line Submission of Application Form and Fee Deposit through Bank Challan: February 13, 2015
- Closing Date for Fee Deposit through Bank Challan:
March 11, 201525-March-2015
- Closing Date for On-Line Submission of Application:
March 12, 201526-March-2015
- Last Date of Receipt of duly completed hard copy of Online Application in the Examination Unit:
March 17, 201501-April-2015
- Last Date of Receipt of duly completed hard copy of Online Application in the Examination Unit from far flung areas:
March 23, 201507-April-2015
- Last Date for Receipt of written request for change of Examination Centre only on Merit Basis: April 20, 2015
- Tentative Date of Publication of list of candidates registered for test on CSIR, HRDG website: May 15, 2015
- Issue of e-Admission Certificate to Registered Candidates: Mid June, 2015
- Declaration of Result of MCQ Exam: September/ October, 2015
Age Limit & Relaxation:
- For JRF (NET): Maximum 28 years as on January 01, 2015 (upper age limit may be relaxed as per norms)
- For Lectureship (NET): No upper age limit
- 4 years education program in BE/ B.Tech/ B.Pharma/ MBBS/ Integrated BS-MS/ M.Sc or Equivalent degree with at least 55% marks for General & OBC (50% for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates).
- Candidate enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination are also eligible to apply under the Result Awaited (RA) category (On the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period to avail the fellowship).
- B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in integrated MS-Ph.D program with at least 55% marks for General and OBC (50% for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates).
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or any other discipline, will be eligible for fellowship only after getting registered/ enrolled for Ph.D/ integrated Ph.D program within the validity period.
- Ph.D degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991 with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
Note: The candidates with the above qualification are advised to fill up their degree with percentage of marks in specified columns as required.
Application/ Examination Fees: HOW TO APPLY
- For General Candidates: Rs. 1000/-
- For OBC category candidates: Rs. 500/-
- For SC/ ST/ PH/ VH category candidates: Rs. 250/-
Interested & eligible candidates may apply for this test Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website: www.csirhrdg.res.in.
In order to apply Online the candidates are required to download Bank challan Performa from the above website and then deposit the requisite examination fee in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country. Srinagar and Imphal candidates may deposit their fees through RTGS or NEFT by giving particulars of the Indian Bank, as notified in the fee deposit challan.
Candidates are suggested to take print out of the Application Form after successfully submitting online application, paste his/ her recent black & white photograph, put his/ her signature at the required space, attach requisite certificates and SEND along with CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in an envelope super scribed with Subject Code, Centre Code & Medium Code.
Where To Send The Completed Application Form:
The application form duly completed with requisite enclosures and fixing requisite postage stamp on the mailing envelope should be sent to:
The Sr. Controller of Examination
Examination Unit, Human Resource Development Group
CSIR Complex, (Opposite Institute of Hotel Management)
Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi 110012
The application should only be send Under Certificate of Posting (U.P.C.)/ Ordinary Post so as to reach this Unit on or before March 17, 2015 (March 23, 2015 for remote areas as declared in the bulletin)
- The candidates are advised to read through the complete application bulletin and then fill up the application form. Candidates are advised to follow the exact notification from CSIR at their website at //www.csirhrdg.res.in to cross verify the authenticity of this information.
- Joint CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) June 21, 2015 for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) And Eligibility for Lectureship, will be held at 26 various centres as Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guntur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Karaikudi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune, Raipur, Roorkee, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, and Varanasi.
Some Crucial Points to Know: CSIR UGC NET
A) A candidate may apply either for ‘JRF + Lectureship’ or for ‘Lectureship (LS) only’ He/she may indicate his/her preference in the O.M.R Application Form/Online Application, as the case may be. CSIR may consider candidates applying for ‘JRF + LS’ or ‘Lectureship only” depending on number of fellowships available & performance in the test subject to the condition that they fulfill the laid down eligibility criterion . If a candidate is found to be over-age for JRF (NET) he/she will automatically be considered for Lectureship (NET) only.
B) Two separate merit lists, one comprising the candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF – NET) and the second, of those candidates qualifying the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET), will be made on the basis of their performance in the above Test. Candidates qualifying for JRF (NET), will also be eligible for Lectureship (NET) subject to fulfilling the eligible criteria laid down by UGC. The candidates qualifying for Lectureship will be eligible for recruitment as Lecturers as well as for JRF-ship in a Scheme/Project, if otherwise suitable. However, they will not be eligible for Regular JRFNET Fellowship. They will be eligible to pursue Ph.D. programme with or without any fellowship other than JRF-NET. Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF (NET) will receive fellowship either from CSIR or UGC as per their assignment or from the Schemes with which they may find association. The candidates declared eligible for Junior Research Fellowship under UGC scheme will be governed by UGC rules/regulations in this regard.
C) The final result of this Single MCQ test may be declared sometime in the month of September/ October, 2015 and fellowship to successful candidates could be awarded from January 01, 2016.
Official Notification – Joint CSIR UGC Test Notification- MCQ Exam 21 June 2015
What are you waiting for, start preparing for upcoming CSIR UGC NET June 21, 2015 from right here. Best of Luck!