Odisha PSC Recruitment 2015 For The Posts Of Assistant Agriculture Officer in Odisha Agriculture Department
With the recent requirement from the State Agriculture Department, the OPSC invites applications from competent candidates for selection of 150 numbers of Assistant Agriculture Officer in Class- II “Group-B” under Agriculture Department. The details of the vacancies and the norms of recruitment are detailed as under:
Name of the Posts: Assistant Agriculture Officer
Total Number of Posts: 150 Posts Out of which 75 (Women-25) posts are reserved for General candidates, 34 (Women-11) posts for ST and 17 (Women-06) posts are reserved for SEBC candidates and remaining 24 (Women-08) posts are reserved for SC candidates. Out of these total vacancies, 05 posts are reserved for PWD, 05 Posts for Ex-Servicemen candidates, and 02 Posts are reserved for sports person.
- Last Date of Registration of Online Application: 17-August-2015 till 11:59 PM
- Last Date for Payment of Application Fees at any Branch of SBI: 19-August-2015 till working hours
- Last Date for Receipt of Hardcopy of the Application with all Documents: 26-August-2015 till 05:00 PM
- Date for reckoning age and education: 01-January-2015
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Age: The candidates must have achieved the minimum age of 21 years and should not have reached max 32 years as on 01-January-2015. Age relaxations are applicable according to the rules laid down by the state government. Proof of age is to be submitted in terms of matriculation certificate or school leaving certificate.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: The interested candidates must have possessed a Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture (B.Sc. Agiruculture) or equivalent qualification from a recognized University.
- Native Language Proficiency: The candidate should be able to speak, read and write Odia and should have had Odia as a subject in the Upper Primary (M.E) or any equivalent examination failing which he/she shall be required to pass an examination in Odia of Upper Primary ( Middle School) standard during his/her period of probation.
Pay Scale & Remunerations: The applicant selected for these positions will be eligible to receive a Pay Band of PB-III in the range of Rs.9300-34800/- with a Grade Pay of Rs.4600/- along with other allowances from the Agricultural Department.
Mode of Selection: The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of Career Assessment (for scrutiny of Applications), and Viva-Voice tests.
Application Fee: Rs. 200/-
- Candidates are suggested to pay the application fee through a Fee Payment challan at any Branch of the State Bank of India within the last date for submission of Application.
- SC/ ST from the state of Odisha and PWD candidates (with more than 40% disability) are exempted from paying any fees.
- The format of the fee payment challan can be downloaded from the website of the Commission.
- The fees can be deposited at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) during office hours or through Net Banking facilities or through Debit/ Credit cards.
How to apply: Interested candidates can apply ONLINE for the posts by logging into the official site of OPSC at //opsconline.gov.in. Detailed instructions for filling up of the post are provided at the same portal.
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and upload a recent passport size photograph, Left Hand Thumb Impression and signature. On successful submission of application form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form.
- Two copies of the submitted applications need to be printed out, one for the Odisha PSC and other for the candidate reference. The copy meant for Odisha PSC (must signed under the declaration) is to be sent to the commission along with the original fee payment challan and with attested photocopies of the certificates and documents as per requested in official advertisement.
- The form can be sent by speed post or registered post or courier service to the commission’s office so as to reach by 26-August-2015.
- The envelope containing the application must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT AGRICULTURE OFFICER”
- Address to send the completed application form: The Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. PK Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001