Odisha Public Service Commission, invites online applications from eligible candidates for for selection of 69 numbers of Civil Judges under the Law Department through Odisha Judicial Service Examination 2015.
Name of the Posts:
- Civil Judge under Odisha Judicial Service Cadre under the Department of Law
Number Of Vacancies:
- Civil Judge in Odisha Judicial Service – Total 69 Posts (24 Women)
Out of which Un-reserved -35 posts (12-Women), S.E.B.C. – 08 posts (03-Women), Scheduled Caste – 11 posts (04-Women) and Scheduled Tribe – 15 posts (05-Women)
NOTE: In case of non-availability of suitable women candidates the vacancies may be filled by suitable male candidates.
- Starting Date for Registration of Online Application Form: from 15-March-2015
- Last Date for Registration of Online Application Form: 15-April-2015 till 11:59 PM
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Fee at any State Bank Of India (SBI) branch: 17-April-2015
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- The selected candidates will be eligible for the Pay Scale of Rs.27700-Rs.44770 under OJS norms.
- The candidates will get other allowances and perks as per OJS service norms
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Educational Qualification & Experience: A candidate must hold the following set of qualification to become eligible to apply:
- Candidate must be a Graduate in Law of a University or Institution recognized by the Government.
- A Superintendent or a Ministerial Officer in the High Court or any Civil or Criminal Court sub-ordinate to the High Court or an Assistant Law Officer or Translator of the Law Department of Government, shall also be eligible for appearing at the Competitive Examination for recruitment to the posts of Civil Judges in Odisha Judicial Service, if he/she is a Graduate in Law of a University recognized by the Government, has approved service in the High Court or in any Civil or Criminal Court sub-ordinate to the High Court or in the Law Department of not less than seven years by the last date of submission of application (Such candidates should not exceed 39 years of age as on the last date of submission of application).
- The candidates must be able to read, write and speak Odia fluently and should have studied in Odia medium up to at least Middle English standard.
- Age: A candidate should not have crossed 35 years and should have attained 23 years of age on the 01-August-2015. The Date of Birth entered in the High School Certificate will be considered as the proof of age. Relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per norms.
For Departmental candidates, the maximum age is set at 39 years.
- For Unreserved/ OBC category/ other state candidates: Rs 300/-
- For SC/ST candidates of Odisha: Fees are exempted
- For PWD candidates: Fees are exempted
How To Pay Application Fee:
- Candidates are required to take a printout of finally submitted online Application for future use and take printout of online challan (pay-in-slip) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI).
Mode of Selection:
- Direct recruitment to the Cadre of Civil Judges shall be made by the Commission through a competitive examination which shall consist of three parts, i.e. (i) Preliminary Written Examination held at Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, and Sambalpur , (ii) Main Written Examination and (iii) Interview in the manner provided in the Rules.
How to Apply: Online Mode [There is no need to send any hard copy of application at this moment]
- Candidates must go through this Detailed Advertisement available in the Website of OPSC at //www.opsc.gov.in/Admin/RecrAttachments/071415.pdf before filling up the online application form.
- Candidates must apply online through the concerned website of the OPSC //opsconline.gov.in .
- The candidates are required to scan their recent passport size photograph, running signature and Left-hand Thumb Impression (LTI) to be uploaded during the submission of Online Application.
- The applicants will be required to send the hard copy of application along with other essential credentials, OPSC copy of fee payment challan, and other certificates after publication of OJS Preliminary Examination results at the dates to be notified later.
- The envelope containing application must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CIVIL JUDGE IN ODISHA JUDICIAL SERVICE -2015” in bold and capital letters.
- OBC certificates will not be considered in place of SEBC certificates
Address For sending Detailed Application Form:
The Special Secretary
Odisha Public Service Commission
19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack-753001