Transmission Corporation of Telangana Limited (TSTRANSCO), established on 02-June-2014 for the State of Telangana, Headquarters at Hyderabad, caters to the transmission needs of the Telangana State with 2,696 C.km of 400 KV transmission lines, 6,907 C.km of 220 KV transmission lines and 10,398 C.km of 132 KV transmission lines. The Transmission network also comprises of 11 Nos. 400 KV Substations, 72 Nos. 220 KV Substations and 214 Nos. 132 KV Substations. Further strengthening is in progress with 18 Nos. 400 KV Substations, 34 Nos. 220 KV Substations and 90 Nos. 132 KV Substations.
Transmission Corporation of Telangana Limited (TSTRANSCO), invites online applications from eligible candidates for recruitment of Junior Lineman in the scale of pay Rs. 15585-25200/-.
Junior Lineman– 1100 vacancies
Southern Zone [657 Posts]- Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, Medak, Mahabubnagar and Nalgonda
Northern Zone [443 Posts]- Warangal, Adilabad, Karimnagar, Khammam and Nizamabad
Candidates will be seelcted on the basis of written exam and skill test. The written examination for recruitment of Junior Lineman will be held at different centers located in the GHMC area. The qualified candidates will be called for Pole/ Tower Climbing test. The candidates who qualify in the Pole/ Tower Climbing test will only be eligible for appointment to the post of JLM.
The candidates appointed to the post shall be placed on Probation for a period of 2 years. The candidates appointed shall be required to work at the substations of TSTRANSCO. The candidates recruited on the Circle basis shall be transferred within the respective Circle only.
Age Limit: Minimum 18 years and Maximum 35 years as on 01-July-2017. Relaxatin in upper age limit for reserved category candidates as per government rules.
Educational Qualification: Candidates must possess SSLC/ SSC/ 10th Class with I.T.I. qualification in Electrical Trade/ Wireman or 2 years Intermediate Vocational course in Electrical Trade only from a recognized Institution/Board or Institutions registered during combined A.P./ Telangana State Education Department as on the date of notification.
Application Processing Fee: Rs. 100/-
Examination Fee: Rs. 120/-
SC/ ST/ BC Communities and PH candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee. Applicants are suggested to pay the fee online through TS Online duly following online instructions.
Opening Date for Payment of Fees: 04-January-2018
Opening Date for Submission of Online Applications: 05-January-2018
Last Date for Payment of Fees/ Submission of Online Applications: 20-January-2018
Date for Downloading of Hall Tickets: 05-February-2018
Date of Examination: 11-February-2018
How to Apply: Interested candidates are suggested to apply online only through official website of Transmission Corporation of Telangana Limited (TSTRANSCO) at www.transco.telangana.gov.in or www.tstransco.cgg.gov.in
Step 1- Applicant should pay the prescribed Fee in any one of the TS Online centers and obtain Fee paid receipt with Journal Number [Applicants can also pay the fee through TS Online portal.]
Step 2- After payment of Fee, the Candidate has to logon to the Transmission Corporation of Telangana Limited (TSTRANSCO) website.
For complete detail on this recruitment please go through official recruitment notification from Transmission Corporation of Telangana Limited (TSTRANSCO), here, TSTRANSCO Junior Lineman Recruitment 2018 Advertisement
TSTRANSCO Junior Lineman Written Exam Syllabus:
PAPER A : I.T.I (Electrical Trade)
1. Fundamentals of electricity: Electrical occupational safety, tools, Ohms law, Kirchoffs law, series, parallel, Kirchoffs law and star delta, problems – Electrostatics and capacitors. Earthing principles and methods of earthing
2. Batteries: primary and secondary, lead acid cells, methods of charging – testing and application of batteries, invertors, battery chargers and maintenance
3. Magnetism: Magnetic materials and properties – laws of magnetism – electromagnetism, electromagnetic induction
4. Fundamentals of AC: Simple problems of AC fundamentals, power, power factor, single phase and three phase circuits
5. Basic Electronics: Electronic components, rectifiers, amplifiers, oscillators and power electronic components
6. DC Machines: construction, working principle and simple problems on DC generators and motors, speed control and applications of DC motors – windings
7. Transformers: construction, working principle, basic concepts and simple problems on transformers – windings – auto transformers, power transformers, CT & PT
8. AC Machines: basic concepts, construction principle and simple problems on three phase and single phase induction motor, universal motor, alternators, synchronous motors and their applications and windings – concept of power electronic drives
9. Electrical measurements –Different types of AC and DC measuring instruments, Domestic appliances and Illumination concepts – types of electric lamps
10. Electric Power generation- thermal, hydal and nuclear, transmission and distribution system – basic concepts, non-conventional energy sources.
PAPER B: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
1. Current affairs.
2. International Relations and Events.
3. General Science in everyday life.
4. Environmental Issues and Disaster Management.
5. Geography and Economy of India and Telangana.
6. Indian Constitution: Salient Features.
7. Indian Political System and Government.
8. Modern Indian History with a focus on Indian National Movement.
9. History of Telangana and Telangana Movement.
10. Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
11. Policies of Telangana State.