UPSC Recruitment Notification No. 05/2018-IFoS | UPSC invites Online Application for Indian Forest Service Examination 2018
On the basis of the result of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2018 held on 03-June-2018, the candidates have qualified for admission to the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2018.
All the Qualified Candidates are suggested to fill up the DAF-IFoS, make the payment of Fee as per applicable and submit the same ONLINE for admission to the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2018 to be held from 2nd December 2018. The DAF will be available on the Commission website from 04-09-2018 to 18-09-2018 till 06.00 PM
Number of vacancies: Approximately 110 Posts
Last Date of submission of Online Application: 06-March-2018
Last Date for Payment of Fee through Offline Mode ‘Pay by Cash’: 05-March-2018
Last Date for Payment of Fee through Online Mode: 06-March-2018
Preliminary Examination: 03-June-2018 [The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Screening Test for selection to Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2018 through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2018]
Candidates should note that the government has changed the pattern of Indian Forests Service Examination from the year 2013; by introducing a component of screening mechanism through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination.
All the candidates applying for Indian Forests Service Examination are therefore required to appear in the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination and qualify the same for going to the second stage of Indian Forests Services Main Examination (written and interview).
Candidates desirous of applying for Indian Forest Service Examination as well as for the Civil Services Examination can apply through a common online application form subject to meeting the requisite eligibility criteria by them.
Plan of Examination:
The Examination will consist of two successive stages:
(i) Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination. Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
(ii) Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the Forest Services.
- Applications are now invited for the Preliminary Examination only.
- Candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination will have to apply online again, in the Detailed Application Form which would be made available them after declaration of results of the Preliminary Examination.
- The Main Examination is likely to be held in December, 2018 at Bhopal, Chennai, Delhi, Dispur (Guwahati), Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Port Blair and Shimla
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
An applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as an University under or possess an equivalent qualification.
The candidates who are awaiting their final results can also apply for the examination provided they can submit the proof of passing the final examination while applying separately in the Indian Forest Service Main Examination once selected from the Preliminary Examination.
Age Requirement: The applicants must be of at least 21 years and should not have crossed the max age of 32 years as on 1-August-2018 to be eligible to apply. However, there will be relaxation for Scheduled and other privileged category of candidates as per the rules of the government.
Number of Attempts to Appear in the Examination: Every candidate appearing at the Examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted Six attempts at the examination. The number of attempts permissible to candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are otherwise eligible, shall be Nine. Physically handicapped candidate belonging to the General Category, shall be eligible for Nine attempts. This restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates who are otherwise eligible.
Application Fee: All applicants (except Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or any of its associate banks by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
For candidates whose fee details are not received from the bank, a list of them will be made available in the website of UPSC at www.upsconline.nic.in two weeks after the last date for submission of application. Such candidates have to submit the proof of fee payment within next 10 days or their candidature will be rejected.
How to Apply: APPLY ONLINE HERE
- Candidates must apply online through the website – www.upsconline.nic.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Candidates who wish to apply for Civil Services Examination also, [subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions] have to apply once by appropriately indicating in the on-line application form that they intend to appear for both the Indian Forest Service Examination and the Civil Services Examination. The applicants are advised to submit only single application.
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Application for future reference. For any clarifications, one can log into UPSC Indian Forest Service IFS Exam 2018 Recruitment Notification
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. No e-Admission Certificate will be sent by Post. Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference.
Training and Courses:
By the virtue of qualifying in the IFS (Indian Forest Service) Examination 2018, candidates are subjected for competency training at the LBSNAA (Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration) in Mussourie. After this tenure of training, they are required to undergo forest specific training through the IGNFA (Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy) at Dehradun. This training helps a candidate to understand the roles and responsibilities related to forest and wildlife management, soil conservation, surveying, handling Scheduled Tribes and weapons.
After the completion of the training, candidates will have to go for on the job training in the states to which they are assigned. For a period of three years, they get posting as Assistant Conservator of Forests. After successful completion of this period, and an additional four years tenure in the service in junior scale, they get promoted to the senior category and ranked as DCF (Deputy Conservator of Forests) or DFO (Divisional Forest Officers) with a jurisdiction of Districts or any specific Forest Divisions.
The hierarchy of ranks in which the candidates get promotion are:
- ACF (Assistant Conservator of Forests)
- CF (Conservator of Forests)
- DG of Forests (which is the senior most officer in the Indian Forest Department at the centre)