Through UPSC Examination Notification No. 05/2015-GEOL, UPSC is inviting Online Recruitment Applications (ORA) from eligible candidates to join in the Central Govt by competent selection through Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination 2015.
The details of the vacancies and criteria for eligibility are as under:
Important Dates to reckon for:
- Date of Publication of Notification and Starting date of Online Submission of Application: 21-February-2015
- Last Date of Submission of Online Application: 20-March-2015 till 23:59 Hours
- Last Date for Payment of Fee by Cash: 19-March-2015
- Last Date for Payment of Fee through Online Mode: 20-March-2015
- Date for Determination of Eligibility Conditions: Last Date of Submission of ORA
- Date of Examination: 24-May-2014
Details of Positions to be Filled In:
Category I: (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines):
- Geologist, Group A: 150 Posts
- Geophysicist, Group A: 40 Posts
- Chemist, Group A: 50 Posts
Category II: (Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources):
- Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A: 29 Posts
NOTE: 18 Posts will be reserved for PWD candidates. For SC/ ST/ OBC, the reservation will be applicable as per the central government norms.
- Geologist, Group A: The candidates should have Masters Degree in Geological Science/ Geology/ Applied Geology/ Geo Exploration/ Mineral Exploration/ Marine Geology/ Earth Science & Resource Management/ Oceanography& Coastal Area Studies.
- Geophysicist, Group A: The candidates should have Masters Degree in Physics/ Applied Physics/ MSC. In Geophysics/ Integrated MSc in Exploration Geophysics/ MSc in Marine Geophysics/ M.Sc. (Tech.) in Applied Geophysics.
- Chemist, Group A: The candidates should have obtained M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry
- Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A: The candidates should have obtained Masters Degree in Geology/ Applied Geology/ Marine Geology along with Masters Degree in Hydrogeology.
Age Requirement (As on 01-January-2015):
- Category I: (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines such as Geologist (Group A), Geophysicist (Group A) & Chemist (Group A): Minimum 21 years and Maximum 32 years.
- Category II: (Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources such as Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B): Minimum 21 years and Maximum 35 years.
- Relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per prevailing norms.
- All Applicants (except Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or any of its associate banks by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
How to Apply:
- Candidates must apply online through the ORA only available at the website – //upsconline.nic.in .
- The applicants are advised to submit a single application only.
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed notification available at //www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2015/Geol/Notice_Geol_2015_English.pdf, prior to applying online.
- The candidates need to upload their recent passport size photo and signature at the appropriate spaces on the Online Application.
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application and keep that with them for future reference.
- Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference.
- Candidates are not required to submit to the Commission either by post or by hand the printouts of their online applications.